• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    I recently purchased a S&W SD9VE. What is the average life expectancy of the weapon and what is the comfort of OWB carry for a larger person? It is a gift for my Father-In-Law and he is a big man in desperate need of an upgrade (He currently carries a Hi-Point that is about 10+ years old). So, in other words, as far as actually carrying the weapon how does it compare to the Hi-Point? (I know the quality, this is about comfort.)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    With a proper gun belt and a proper holster, it'll carry like a dream.

Key word being "proper". If it's from Walmart or Rural King - chances are high that it's not proper equipment.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    Awesome! I got him a GALCO Holster to start him off. I think I'll let him experiment until he finds the "just right" combination.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I got about 2,000 + rounds through my SD9VE, this was after it went back to S&W for some needed fixing. The first day at the range I couldn't get through a full mag at all. I was getting FTF, stove pipes, FTE, put it this way you name it, this pistol was messing up that way. S&W replaced the barrel, extractor, ejector, trigger spring, slide lock & some other springs in the pistol. When I got it back shot like a champ, & now has 2,000+ flawless rounds through it. I know that S&W do stand behind there product.

Top Bottom