• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I was given a few of these a few years ago, and had extras printed up. Handing one of these to a store manager always generates a decent amount of "it's not my policy, it's corporate"...........

They tend to lose a bit of color as well...........;)

If any member here does business cards, I'll buy some more of these..... anyone else ? Or, you can download 'em here......... Free "No Guns, No Money" Cards

no%20business%20color.jpg

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I can print these, but would not be able to print the web address at the bottom 2nd side unless there was permission provided by 2ndamendmentpatriots.org.

prices are as follows:
    250 - $55
    500 - $60
    1000 - $75

Shipping is included in price. Shipped via UPS ground.

If interested, PM me and I'll provide you additional payment info.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    These must be for a different state. For Indiana, the mandatory training and possibly the word concealed should be removed or replaced. Other than minor changes, they would be great!

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    its a good message on the card. id venture to say most businesses haphazardly throw these signs up thinking that a criminal might think...hmm no guns, so I better go rob or shoot up another business.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Is there a way to have the 1911 holstered? The unholsterer pistol is an inaccurate presentation of CCW & open carry. It also is unnecessarily frightening for those who are obviously concerned. You are not asking to carry the gun in you hand in their store. You are asking to carry in the same way LEO's do and that is the presentation you want to give.

My :twocents:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    If you download the doc files, you can insert any image in there you prefer.

Personally, I don't think it makes much difference. If the person in charge that you hand the card to is that afraid of a picture of an unholstered handgun, an image of a holstered one might only make them pee a little bit.

No offense sir, but I gave up being politically correct about the time I graduated from boot camp. I do wear tri-focals, but they aren't rose colored.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Meh! IF, and I mean IF, I cannot find the product they carry ANYWHERE else, I go in anyway, carrying of course. All those signs mean absolutely nothing. Since I conceal, the only way they will ever know, is if I have to use it, or there is a wand at the door. The person at local level could give two squirts of **** about the cards I'm sure, and the corporate @$$e$ have already decided they don't need your money. Shop elsewhere if that is your politics, or even better, just ignore the signs and do what you do, besides, you get this rush when you know you're breaking the rules!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    If you download the doc files, you can insert any image in there you prefer.

Personally, I don't think it makes much difference. If the person in charge that you hand the card to is that afraid of a picture of an unholstered handgun, an image of a holstered one might only make them pee a little bit.

No offense sir, but I gave up being politically correct about the time I graduated from boot camp. I do wear tri-focals, but they aren't rose colored.

I was not trying to be PC, I was trying to be convincing to a difficult audience. If the card is intended to educate and bring people around then there is a bit of marketing involved and that means knowing your audience which is what I was suggesting.

Being effective and being PC are not the same thing.

Is this a big problem where you are? Down south I can count the number of signs I have seen and that is 1 in any of the counties I am ever in. You might hop over to Ohioans for Concealed Carry who have an entire section of their forum on this battle and their successes, etc. Perhaps they have ideas that could help you.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Techres, it's the gun they're scared of, so IMHO, that's why that picture was chosen. Keep in mind also that the card graphics will be small and not as easy to see as a computer screen, so the image needs to be quickly recognizable, I think.

Jay, it's less "political correctness", I think, and more the catching of flies with honey rather than vinegar. I respect your position and indeed, I share it-if the picture in and of itself is that scary, perhaps we should hand them a Huggies or Pampers before we hand them the card, but we want them to read it, not tune it out :blahblah: entirely.

Vigilant, speaking for myself, I've not seen many "no guns" signs in Indiana, but yes, if I see it, I'll go elsewhere before I give an anti-gun/anti-rights company my money. I will give them a card, though, so that they know they lost business and will continue to do so. Partly, this is because I hope to meet a manager that just needs his/her eyes opened and who will take down that sign on the spot, but more so because many times, the only way to effect change is to hit a business in the pocketbook. This is the free market at work. I don't care about "breaking the rules", and it doesn't give me a rush to do so. I don't carry for a rush. I carry to protect myself and those I love first, bystanders second, and criminals not at all.

Blessings,
    B

JPBrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've not seen many "no guns" signs in Indiana, but yes, if I see it, I'll go elsewhere before I give an anti-gun/anti-rights company my money
    I work in a bar and in the last two years I have seen quite a few bars start to search/metal detect for concealed weapons. What normally happens is someone carries a gun openly and someone else complains to management. Sometimes at live music venues the performer requests it for some reason. Either way the card will not sway any bar owner I ever met, metal detectors are good for liability insurance.
    I know a few bouncers who are cool with permitted carry, others who say no guns period. I would suggest if a bar need that kind of security, you should go somewhere else to get drunk. If you want excitement Kings Island can provide a safer, family-friendly rush.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Sometimes at live music venues the performer requests it for some reason.

I can see that with their narrow minded thinking, since the event in Ohio a few years back with Dimebag Darrel, when a pissed off fan gunned him down for breaking up Pantera.

From wikipedia...Dimebag Darrell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On December 8, 2004, while performing with Damageplan at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio, Abbott was shot onstage by a mentally ill former US Marine named Nathan Gale. Abbott was shot three times in the head, killing him instantly. Damageplan's drum technician, John "Kat" Brooks, and tour manager, Chris Paluska, were injured. Gale fired a total of fifteen shots, taking the time to reload once, and remaining silent throughout the shooting."

If only one person in the audience was carrying, could have saved his life or at least stopped him from shooting as many rounds as he did.

Top Bottom