For anything less than murder or rape actively in progress you are on your own in Indianapolis- CMV

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wanting the dispatchers to send cops to enforce the laws and ordinances of the land makes me high strung?
    I’m sorry what do we pay them for then?

You sound a little triggered……are you my neighbor?

Lower your voice
    Is your real name Karen? I think you should talk to the manager!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wifes called 911 here in Marion a handful of times in the 14 years. Stuff with the neighbors mostly, well and needing medical for Mother In Law..

Idiot tried to Arson a rental house caddy corner to us. Cops and Fire trucks ALL OVER THE PLACE in a flat 3 minutes!

Medical gets here QUICK.

Only one for straight cops, Domestic that involved a smashed window across the street and the woman running through all sorts of yards to get away from the guy. Cops in a couple mins flat.

Never had an issue. Southeast District never an issue by me.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Many citizens would benefit from working as A LEO for two years. They are hiring.
    Agreed, or at least something ancillary to it.

Ive got the .gov email address, and ohh hohoho the stuff I have seen, and the places I have had to go.

Id would add the poor DBNS guys and the crap they deal with are right up there.

Been shouted at, had the hit the ground when the POP POP POP is heard..., etc

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ahh hell, thats only one step down from the worst.. but only 9.7 of 10.

I can think of a couple places just west of there..
    They could bulldoze most of that neighborhood and be none the worse for it. Well, only if most of the residents could be bulldozed too. Otherwise they just scatter like roaches and find a new home.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Dude, you moved to Brightwood, one of the WORST neighborhoods in Indy. Did you expect anything different? Did you do no research before deciding where to live?
    Of course I did.

That research consisted of looking at rents and going "okay this is where I can afford to live". :laugh:

It's all good. Claymore roomba squad keeps me safe.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Fwiw,

I called bloomington 911 one time, for a bike wreck. It seemed like about 3 to 5 minutes before someone showed up.

My family has had to call 911 a handful of times in greene county. A few for medical, a few for wrecks and a few for domestic violence. The hero squad always showed up way quicker than seemed possible for us being out in the country.

If any of you folks are monroe county leo/ems, thank you!

If any of you are greene county leo/ems, God Bless you! You guys have saved the lives of people I love!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fwiw,

I called bloomington 911 one time, for a bike wreck. It seemed like about 3 to 5 minutes before someone showed up.

My family has had to call 911 a handful of times in greene county. A few for medical, a few for wrecks and a few for domestic violence. The hero squad always showed up way quicker than seemed possible for us being out in the country.

If any of you folks are monroe county leo/ems, thank you!

If any of you are greene county leo/ems, God Bless you! You guys have saved the lives of people I love!!

I have had good results in Monroe County also. Tree down, across the road in a bad spot, brought an officer quick.

Then again, I may have had a rooster-like ordeal with some profane hillbilly neighbors blocking the roadway and turning school traffic around for their own personal public roadway use. Similarly with a Milestone crew blocking traffic to school at drivetime. :rolleyes: 911 must have been immune to these road hazard calls or overwhelmed with them? No one came or followed up. :dunno:

I normally have the scanner app playing in the background and fairly frequently hear the local 911 services overrun with more calls than officers to get to them. It's just part of the reality of living out away from the masses. Anything that gets to me quick, in an emergency, I'd call a bonus. Good for the fine folks who handle all of that for us! :patriot:

Side note - Everyone should make a habit of listening to the scanner app regularly. You would not believe some of the crap the whole 911 system has to put up with.
    - Repeat customers, using the system for taxi work to the hospital.
    - Domestic squabbles from the same every day frequent flyers.
    - False alarms countless times throughout the day.
    - Not to mention the transients, homebound crazies and we haven't even touched on drugs or alcohol abusers. Narcan for some folks 2-3 times a week. :n00b:

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is your real name Karen? I think you should talk to the manager!

And I am a real person active in the community. You’re welcome to come up to me at an in person event and spew this crap.

If you won’t do that then why say it here?

Last edited:

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Glad I don't need to go east of Ronald Reagan Pkwy anymore, and I don't. They can have Indy and its liberal bent BS. Nothing I can't live without in Indpls. I've dealt with IMPD cops 3 times and all 3 times those guys (2 guys 1 gal) were nasty smartassed aholes. 1 speeding ticket, one accident / wreck (not my fault) and one where a girl ran into my mother's car and 4 others in a parking lot. I completely support the cops and have had a few encounters with HCS's and one State guy, and those went just as one would expect from an officer of the law. Actually, during one of those stops the officer wrote me a ticket and then we shot the s*** for 10 min or so about my car...... nice guy, but every IMPD cop I've dealt with, total ass. Maybe I just happened to get to deal with the only 3 aholes on the IMPD force but it sure seems to me their attitudes and mannerisms were shared by all 3 and fostered by their ideology and training in a woke liberal SJW environment.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Dude, you moved to Brightwood, one of the WORST neighborhoods in Indy. Did you expect anything different? Did you do no research before deciding where to live?
    i live in brightwood. born and raised. and let me tell ya...it can be a laugh a minute if you know who's who

truth: there was a dead body behind the hand wash at 25th & sherman for 2 weeks before anybody reported it.

a lot of dead bodies around here that NEVER make the news.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    They could bulldoze most of that neighborhood and be none the worse for it. Well, only if most of the residents could be bulldozed too. Otherwise they just scatter like roaches and find a new home.
    it really is a very small group of trouble makers over this way.

a lot of the long timeers try to keep the wilding to a minimum. they don't like the police over hear. it's bad for business.

most of the problems in brightwood are quality of life crimes. it has gotten considerably worse since the nonsense of not responding to "low level" crimes.

impd will respond if enough neighbors call about noise. i have seen that personally. they ended up arresting 3 and towing 4 cars.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

And I am a real person active in the community. You’re welcome to come up to me at an in person event and spew this crap.

If you won’t do that then why say it here?

I noticed you started your comment with 'and' implying what came before is relevant.

They say youre a Karen and you replied "and I am a real person."

So as to say:

"I'm a Karen and a real person active in" blah blah. So you freely admit they are right. So why threaten them for saying something you agree with?

You seem like a great person I'd love to hang out with you on a regular basis, and I'd very much like you to come to my birthday party.

Xoxo

Top Bottom