• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You can not word the thread this way sir and get the cop bashers to join in...They like cop bashing threads, they just don't want to be called out as cop bashers..

Next time scour the web for a story of a police officer shooting someone in the line of duty...Make sure all of the facts have not come out yet and post something like "Let's see Kirk try to defend this" and they will flock like sharks to a drop of blood....Try to find something in Texas where the cop may be a Christian to see full on mouth foaming.....

Cop bashing is a delicate art and must be practiced with stealth....Ignoring the fact that most LEO's are no different than anyone else (other than the fact that they deal with humanity at it's worst on a daily basis) doesn't play well with the righteous indignation of an armchair quarterback...

Give it a couple of days and then try the tact I suggested...After they come to the trough to feed then post that eye opening video without saying what it's about and the reality it's showing.....

Good luck...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Can you point out a thread where 'cop bashers' have congregated to 'bash' a cop for making a bad split-second reactionary decision about a suspect at point-blank range holding a gun?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Can you point out a thread where 'cop bashers' have congregated to 'bash' a cop for making a bad split-second reactionary decision about a suspect at point-blank range holding a gun?

Not this close to 6 pm brother...It's getting dark and I am closing a gun shop all by my lonesome with only outdated revolvers for protection.....

We have had threads with cop bashing before all of the facts were in....There is an element of people who bash the cops no matter what the circumstance...There is an element of folks who will defend the police no matter the circumstances....

There is also an element that realizes that police officers are no different than anyone else and will wait for the facts to come in before passing judgement...As weird as this may be I consider you, myself and Kirk to be the latter.....

With that being said I have had LEO's on here call me classless for things I have said in threads about such things....I really don't care whether they like me, think I am a classless, or whatever...I am just glad they are out there doing the job they do...They have responded to two false alarms at my shop in the middle of the night and willingly went in first to my business, with me behind them with a loaded revolver.....

I remember saying to the young man..."It's my shop..I'll go in first.." and he said, "It's your shop but it's my job, I'll take the right and you follow me in and take the left..."

I try to give them boys the benefit of the doubt and I know you do as well....:ingo:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    We have had threads with cop bashing before all of the facts were in

Perhaps, but none that paralleled any of the training discussed in this video. Most of them involved videos of cops beating the **** out of somebody - and opinions varied on how many more 'facts' were required to characterize the situation.
    I try to give them boys the benefit of the doubt and I know you do as well....:ingo:

Fair enough.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    In what context are you making the statement "most LEO's are no different than anyone else"?

I agree that the daily work of most involves dealing with the garbage of humanity, and the fact that they have special powers granted to them by the citizenry IMO requires a person that isn't just an "average Joe," but someone with a special personality, able to wield those powers fairly and in an unbiased way, and able to make correct decisions, most of the time, quickly. I think that is asking a lot, should require strict vetting, and should pay more than it does due to the unusual skills required for the job.

For the most part, I think we have those people, but the number required is large enough that we get some that aren't quite fit for the job.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can not word the thread this way sir and get the cop bashers to join in...They like cop bashing threads, they just don't want to be called out as cop bashers..

Next time scour the web for a story of a police officer shooting someone in the line of duty...Make sure all of the facts have not come out yet and post something like "Let's see Kirk try to defend this" and they will flock like sharks to a drop of blood....Try to find something in Texas where the cop may be a Christian to see full on mouth foaming.....

Cop bashing is a delicate art and must be practiced with stealth....Ignoring the fact that most LEO's are no different than anyone else (other than the fact that they deal with humanity at it's worst on a daily basis) doesn't play well with the righteous indignation of an armchair quarterback...

Give it a couple of days and then try the tact I suggested...After they come to the trough to feed then post that eye opening video without saying what it's about and the reality it's showing.....

Good luck...

So much truth in one short post. Bravo, sir.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to indiucky again. Sigh.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Won't see this video go viral. White cop shows compassion for black youths.

Unfortunately, I would be inclined to believe that you are right.

Viral or not, I have no doubt that it will have a permanent impact on at least four lives.

Negative ghost rider. You obviously arent on the book of faces... Its insanely viral.

Now I get reminded what happens when you open multiple tabs and don't get through them for a while. You only see that if you join FacePalm, which I have no intention of doing, but I am happy to be advised that this is happening.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    In what context are you making the statement "most LEO's are no different than anyone else"?

I agree that the daily work of most involves dealing with the garbage of humanity, and the fact that they have special powers granted to them by the citizenry IMO requires a person that isn't just an "average Joe," but someone with a special personality, able to wield those powers fairly and in an unbiased way, and able to make correct decisions, most of the time, quickly.

I believe most human beings are the same, created by the same maker..I.E. "most LEO's are no different than anyone else."

As far as your other point I think you are referring to "Robocop", a film in the 1980's where we created a cop "with a special personality, able to wield those powers fairly and in an unbiased way, and able to make correct decisions, most of the time, quickly". It has been a while since I saw the film and I believe it didn't turn out as well as they expected.....

Why didn't you just go full blown comic book and say we need more LEO's like Spiderman or Superman?

I am not trying to be a smart a$$ but I am blessed (cursed?) with an ability to have my words come across that way via the written word whereas if you and I were in person you would see I was just trying to be funny....

:)

Top Bottom