• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    The government is the cause; the right-to-welfare people are the symptom, soon to become the cause of a great many things.

It's happened many times in the past and will happen again in the future, in nations which do not yet exist.

Josh

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I worked at a grocery store in high school for about a year and a half.

I used to see this almost every single day. They would pay in food stamps, then go out to their Escalade parked in the handicapped spot. And Im sure I will get infracted for saying this, but it is the truth, but almost every single time it was a minority.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Do not get overly upset with evildoers. Do not envy wicked people.

There are people that I know, a few families, non-minority, upper middle class lifestyles, who have lavish SUVs, make 50-100% more than I do (one is a $60K a year trust beneficiary) who show up at our church's food pantry for handouts, and ask for free coats and clothing for their kids. Their kids have multiple computer games and every new toy, gadget and gizmo. It was discussed whether they should be barred from charity. My feeling is they do what they do, and I'll do what I do. If they are doing evil, it's on them, and that should not change the church's or my behavior. I don't know how people can have so little self-respect. Pitiful. Public resources are another matter, but I save my disdain for the politicians.

deranged222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Wait.... so you can buy cigarettes and alcohol on the food stamp card thingys? WTF? Shouldnt it be for necessities only? I guess I need to start paying attention to how my tax dollars are at work. Maybe thats why I owed the state $800 bucks more this year.....

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    True story. I pastor friend of mine use to work a large food pantry out of his church. I think they opened every Saturday and when folks came for food, they would sort of put the order in, other church folks would fill it, and he and some others would counsel with the folks who came. One question they asked during the counseling session was "what is your goal in life?" He told me I'd be surprised how many of them said, "my goal in life is to get on ssi." This is what they knew. Their parents was on it, so they decided their overarching plan for life was to get on it.

There were, however, some folks who came to the pantry that were totally different. They had recently lost their factory jobs and simply needed some help. They weren't on food stamps or anything, just needed a little help. None of us is immune from hardtimes. These same folks, once back on their feet, would come back and donate food to the pantry or make a financial offering to support it.

Between the two types of folks, one will have it easier in life, but I am satisfied the other has a better life. One exists, the other lives.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I need a good disability without having to get anything amputated. Maybe I can start acting like an idiot and go for something like severely diminished capacities. The social security statement that I periodcially get says that I will only get $13 less a month for a disability now than I will get if I work until I am 66. I have worked at the same place for over 37 years and have contributed to the system for well over 40. I really would like to get some of it back, but with all the people bellying up to the trough that have never paid a cent into the system trying to crowd me out, I may not get much when I retire. I am really sick of those idiots in Washington giving handouts with my money while they make sure that their retirements are secure and luxurious. Their pensions and health care really should be tied into mine. That way they would not divvy up the pie so easily and quickly just to create a welfare class that will vote for the guy or gal who promises them the biggest handouts. Hope and change people---hope and change. I really hope that the idiot republicans make the necessary change in 2012. I have been seeing the same things at grocery stores since the late 70s when I started paying attention to such things. The people doing this also included whites as well as minorities. If I were president, I would not likely survive for more than a couple of days. Deadbeat fathers would somehow be made to pay for their offspring. The first illegitiamate child would get a check. The second illegitimate child would require that the mother be spayed before she would get a larger check. That way, there would not be many 3rd illegitamate children being born to the same woman. Their reproductive rights should stop when I have to start paying for them.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Not all cards with Indiana on them are welfare cards. Some of them are for unemployment, which would explain why they might have a nice car, AND that kind of card.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I personally know a 28 year old woman who has had two kids by two different men and was never married to either. One guy gives her some support money once and a while and the other gives her nothing. She gets food stamps or whatever they are called, free lunches at school and whatever free handouts are available. She recently moved back in with her mother and works part time at a couple of gas stations owned by the same people. I do not know where the money comes from to pay for the computer games or the expensive looking tennis shoes or the cell phone that the 10 year old has. Right now supposedly 47% of the households in this country do not pay any federal taxes and many get back more than what was withheld as earned income credit. Those people will always vote for the liberal who promises the most freebies to them. It may already be too late unless most of those freeloaders are too lazy to register and vote. Elections do have consequences. Just my two cent rant.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    YOU DON'T NEED A DISABILITY!!!

A police officer friend of mine got a call of a kid on a bike selling drugs. He stops the kid, gets the crack and gets ID off of him. He's 22 years old. He's been locked up 15 or so times before. He has a Worthless Hoosier card in his wallet. He is holding about 2 grand in cash. The kid explains to the officer how he makes more money in a week than the officer does all year and only slings dope on nice days when he needs extra... extra? He dropped out of school when he was 16, he collects disability since he didn't take the time to learn how to read. He lives in a section 8 apartment where his rent is 2$ a month. The government pays for everything and this one kid is NOT the exception.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My sister-in- law used to manage a Papa Murphy's here in Evansville. It pissed her off to no end when these people pulled up in their nice suv's and would come in and pay for the pizzas with the food stamp card or whatever it is called these days. It used to be you couldn't get fresh prepared foods at all, but I guess they thought that was to mean to the poor folks on welfare.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My sister-in- law used to manage a Papa Murphy's here in Evansville. It pissed her off to no end when these people pulled up in their nice suv's and would come in and pay for the pizzas with the food stamp card or whatever it is called these days. It used to be you couldn't get fresh prepared foods at all, but I guess they thought that was to mean to the poor folks on welfare.

Again, are you guys sure it wasn't an unemployment card? I suspect they look the same.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just looked up the images online. The welfare card is light blue and says, "Hoosier Works" on it, the unemployment card and the child support card are VISA cards with "Indiana" on them, so they are different.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    Well since Mrs. Obama is so dead set on eating healthy. Why doesn't our goverment put together a healthy diet for the low income household that qualifies for the food stamp program. Only allow these healthy foods to be bought with the card. That way they can get fit and healthy enough to get out and "atleast" look for work

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    My buddy up in Michigan found a receipt on the ground. The receipt is for 5 cases of Mountain Dew, 6 items labeled "Cold Water Lobster T" and 2 Porterhouse Steaks. The total of the bill comes out to $141.78. No tax was charged. The bottom of the receipt reads"Debt Food Stamps Tender".

It must be nice....

I can email anyone a copy of a scan of the receipt.

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    This has happen to me. I was in the salad bar line @ Marsh, woman in front of me talking on a smart-phone (!). Pays for the salad using the aforementioned welfare card. Truly pissed me off.... I've seen the same many times, the woman with 5 kids of obviously different fathers, with two piles on the belt, the cigs and beer , paid for with cash, the (junk) food paid for with the card/stamps. I don't care how people choose to live, but I really hate paying for it!

cuffkey53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    northern Mi
    sick of paying their way

I have a friend that lives off the rest of the tax payers and it burns me up she has free health care food stamps and draws disability from the state
    she has better health care than i do as a retired corrections officer with the state of michigan name brand percriptions are 40.00 dollars for me she pays 1.00 for hers and i worked 32 years she has not even held a job
    what a crock well i will get off my soap box and shut up now lol !

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Wouldn't it be nice if there were limited breeding capabilities for people on food stamps. I mean if part of my money goes to feed them, then should not I have a say if they can have more children that I have to pay to feed?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    YOU DON'T NEED A DISABILITY!!!

A police officer friend of mine got a call of a kid on a bike selling drugs. He stops the kid, gets the crack and gets ID off of him. He's 22 years old. He's been locked up 15 or so times before. He has a Worthless Hoosier card in his wallet. He is holding about 2 grand in cash. The kid explains to the officer how he makes more money in a week than the officer does all year and only slings dope on nice days when he needs extra... extra? He dropped out of school when he was 16, he collects disability since he didn't take the time to learn how to read. He lives in a section 8 apartment where his rent is 2$ a month. The government pays for everything and this one kid is NOT the exception.

It's not the government that pays all , It's US the TAXPAYER:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Top Bottom