• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I went to the grocery today and a really nice suv pulled up right next to me. It was really sharp. A little over done for my taste but, very new and shiny. It had those cool wheels and the tires that are about an inch thick but really wide. Anyways it caught my eye. A nicely dressed Hispanic family got out of it and went in to the store. I did my shopping for my family and I'll be gosh darn but guess who is in line right in front of me. Yep. And this is kind of what bothered me. They paid with food stamps. I know I don't know the whole story but I think that I do. And I don't think that this is right. I have worked really hard for a lot of years. I've always paid my taxes. I have tried to teach my kids that hard work is noble and honorable and that bad guys don't win. I'm starting to doubt my own advice. Maybe I'm bitter because I haven't had a day off from work in years. Maybe because I feel like the government takes more from me every day and gives the money to someone that doesn't work as hard. Maybe because I've never had a new car let alone a $50000 suv.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    and they were probly illegals too. or at least one was. and where theres one theres 20. welcome to the new kind caring and compassionate america, even for invading law breakers. I wanna punch americans right in the nads when I hear them support illegals

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    there is a slightly possibility that either they bought the food stamps (not sure if it is possible anymore, but i know a few years ago you could)

but.... i can tell you a few things about the kids that ride my bus and what they tell me... then what all they got for christmas this year... well. basikly turns out like what you posted.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This country is giving our K I D S future away, to all the welfare takers, mothers having 6 or more kids with no father, just to collect from the government. When will it E N D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe he's talking about wic stamps. Ever get behind someone in line using those? It's an all day affair to check out with those.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    some people flash their cards around waiting to pay.... i cant count how many times i stand in line with someones credit card a foot away from my face....

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I would not have known but there were a few items that they could not pay for with their card. They were set aside and paid for with cash. I am not positive but it fit the scenario that occurred frequently when I worked at the grocery store when I was in high school 25 years ago. You know I was simply trying to share something that really bothered me and that I don't understand. I would also think that people with I phones don't need food stamps either but what do I know. Maybe you can clarify all of this for me me DROSS. Hopefully this satisfies your question.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This was my point. As far as I know, all government payment programs use a debit card, and even if you saw it close up, you wouldn't necessarily know what it was. The story kind of activated my spideysenses, kind of like the ones you read on here that start:

Well, it happened Saturday night. I was carrying my Kimber Pro Carry loaded with +P hollowpoints, concealed in my Raven holster when these two thugs appeared....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This was my point. As far as I know, all government payment programs use a debit card, and even if you saw it close up, you wouldn't necessarily know what it was. The story kind of activated my spideysenses, kind of like the ones you read on here that start:

Well, it happened Saturday night. I was carrying my Kimber Pro Carry loaded with +P hollowpoints, concealed in my Raven holster when these two thugs appeared....
    well since it involved probable illegals I believed it all.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I would not have known but there were a few items that they could not pay for with their card. They were set aside and paid for with cash. I am not positive but it fit the scenario that occurred frequently when I worked at the grocery store when I was in high school 25 years ago. You know I was simply trying to share something that really bothered me and that I don't understand. I would also think that people with I phones don't need food stamps either but what do I know. Maybe you can clarify all of this for me me DROSS. Hopefully this satisfies your question.

You can't buy ALCOHOL or TOBACCO with those food stamp credit cards:yesway:

Top Bottom