• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    It'll be great when, and if, Ind. gets rid of those things entirely. Is it a northern thing only?
    Around here and in many states, once you hit 18 on your DL, you are preumed to have permit, based on age, and preumed armed from that moment on.
    Is there any effort underway to get rid of that 'formality?'
    Oh, we need to get a permit to conceal, thought there is little limit on what you're carrying.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Indiana does not have a FOID. That is Illinois, and that only allows one to purchase and own a firearm, not carry it. In Indiana we have a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH). As far as being able to carry without the LTCH in Indiana, I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Illinois has a FOID (Firearm Owner IDentification card).
    Indiana does not have a FOID.

Indiana does have an LTCH (License To Carry Handgun). The LTCH does not specify "concealed" or "open" carry. You can own a handgun in Indiana without an LTCH but there are rules on how it can be transported. The LTCH makes it much easier to transport the handgun and allows concealed carry

Here is a link to the relevant state law:
    Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    It'll be great when, and if, Ind. gets rid of those things entirely. Is it a northern thing only?
    Around here and in many states, once you hit 18 on your DL, you are preumed to have permit, based on age, and preumed armed from that moment on.
    Is there any effort underway to get rid of that 'formality?'
    Oh, we need to get a permit to conceal, thought there is little limit on what you're carrying.

Are you kidding? Is someone else posting using your username and playing a prank? Where did you get this information?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Yeah, I got the definitions wrong for sure. I haven't met Q yet, but I expect I will one day. I have jobs lined up in Lynchburg and Harrisonburg.
    Or, he'll probably call if he hits RIchmond.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Illinois has a FOID (Firearm Owner IDentification card).
    Indiana does not have a FOID.

Indiana does have an LTCH (License To Carry Handgun). The LTCH does not specify "concealed" or "open" carry. You can own a handgun in Indiana without an LTCH but there are rules on how it can be transported. The LTCH makes it much easier to transport the handgun and allows concealed carry

Here is a link to the relevant state law:
    Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

Thank you. I've had a pistol since about 9, so some things I read here and elsewhere are odd/new to me.

Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I heard at a gunshop that Indiana is discontinuing the Lifetime FOID and you're going to have to start paying an annual fee.

Once again, it's a LICENSE to CARRY a HANDGUN. The lifetime (vs. annual) licenses are still here and not going anywhere.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Once again, it's a LICENSE to CARRY a HANDGUN. The lifetime (vs. annual) licenses are still here and not going anywhere.

rosejm,

That tugging sensation you feel is someone yanking your chain.
    It takes awhile to sort out when someone is being serious or kidding around here (you'll figure it out).

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Great, another unconstitutional piece of paper to shove in my wallet! I'm suing the state for back problems!

THAT is how you use purple :D

Top Bottom