• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm currently looking into working in the security field, and was seriously considering the FNP 9 for a duty carry. Does anyone have one, that could tell me the pros and cons of this handgun as compared to the Glock 19 or the XD-M :draw:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i have the fnp45 and a friend of mine has the fnp9. i have shot mine and his extensivly and i love the fnp model. both fit and feel great in my hand. accurate and reliable. never had any real problems. as for a concealed carry id say youd be better off with something else. but for a security position it would be perfect. there more of a fighting gun rather than stick in your pocket. reason i picked .45acp over 9mm is mine is for home protection with a tlr3 flashlight.

the only thing my friend has ever had a problem with in his fnp9 was a couple of magazines dont like to slide lock when empty

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    and this is in my opinion:

glocks dont feel right in my hand...most people love or hate them and im in the middle...there simple and reliable but just not my cup of tea

XD's: i carry a xd9c and love it...feels right in the hands and near all exact controls of a glock except adding the grip safety which i like.

I think any of the 3 would be excellent choices.....and u could throw in S&W MP series or if you feel sassy a 1911

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a M&P 9c, but I can't use that for a duty carry. I'm currently trying to sell that so I have the funds to purchase the FNP 9. I would love a Kimber 1911 Style.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    The FNP is an excellent weapon! You would be extremely happy with it and most importantly it is a weapon that you can rest soundly about using it to protect your life or anyone elses!!!!

fureater46902

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I am a reserve officer. We carry the Glock 22 .40. I love this gun. It is simple to use, clean, and never fails. Through my training i put thousands of rounds through the pipe without a single malfunction :ar15:. I loved it so much I bought a used G23 for off duty use. The grip on the gun sucks! That problem was solved very easily with putting skateboard deck tape over the factory grips now it does not come loose no matter how sweaty or dirty my hands are. anytime SHTF i know my glock will work no matter what and when SHTF you will want something simple to use and reload.:twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    FNP, Glock, Springfield XD, S&W MP. All are great guns that I would not hesitate to own or depend on. Pick the one that feels best in your hand or fits your budget.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm currently looking into working in the security field, and was seriously considering the FNP 9 for a duty carry. Does anyone have one, that could tell me the pros and cons of this handgun as compared to the Glock 19 or the XD-M :draw:

The wife and myself have a FNP-9, along with Glocks, a Beretta 92-F, Kahr CW9 and a XD. If the FNP feels right to you, you couldn't go wrong. I find mine is very,very accurate and I have yet to have any issues with it, and don't expect to.

If I had to really reach for a negative on it, I might say it just reminds me a little too much like the Beretta 92-F. I just got this idea as big as it is, it ought to be a larger caliber. :twocents:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I love FN. I have an FNX as opposed to an FNP but it's PRETTY MUCH the same gun. FNX has a couple of updates that FNP doesn't, but some people like the FNP better.

I had set aside money for an H&K and was dead set on getting one. Then my wife chose an FN for herself. Once I shot that a few weeks in a row when we went to the range, I saved my self a few hundred dollars and got an awesome handgun.

One thing to keep in mind, the FNP is a DA/SA, where the XD, Glock, and M&P are all striker fired.

IIRC the FNP can NOT be carried C&L either, if that matters to you. I think the .45 can be, and the FNX can be, that was one of the changes between P and X.

If you have any other questions about FN weapons I'll be happy to help the best I can.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Another question i have is where to find a good duty holster for the fnh 9. I'd prefer something matte black leather, or plastic with a thumb break.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Another question i have is where to find a good duty holster for the fnh 9. I'd prefer something matte black leather, or plastic with a thumb break.

My wife uses a Don Hume that was made for the XD and it has fine weapon retention. I personally have a Raven that was custom made. From what I have found, if you can't find something FNP(or X) specific, XD (not XDM) holsters will work fine.

Bladetech makes an FNP specific molded plastic one.

Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    For the money, consider a used Sig as well, they are great guns and feel very well in the hand as well as being extremelyreliable.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    FNPs are great guns and ideal for work or pleasure carry. Accurate, well built and good control positions make it a fun gun to shoot.

On the flip side, hold or preferably shoot as many different guns as possible and see what feels/shoots best.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Oh Oh Oh me!

I own two FNP's. A 9mm and a .40. I have fired a lot of guns. I can, honestly say this. The only 9mm, I have fired that was more accurate, was a CZ 75B. Followed by the Beretta 92FS. My 9mm, is my daily carry gun in a Blade Tech Sting Ray holster. I'm partial to hammer fired pistols. To me, they are more consistent then a striker.

Pros:
    1. They are reasonably priced. I saw one at the last 1500 for $525 NIB.
    2. They come with three magazines from the factory. (9/16 40/14)
    3. They come with interchangeable back straps. (2)
    4. The slides are stainless steel. Makes for a lighter slide.
    5. They are very accurate.
    6. The slide rails are pinned not molded into the frame. Also the fire control group is one piece. That means they are very serviceable.

You can get either a black or FDE frame. With either satin stainless or black slide. There is, a standard and a USG model. The standard model is decocker only. The USG model is decocker+safety.

So far, I have 220 rounds through my 9mm and 156 through my .40. I have, fired different brands of FMJ and JHP ammo through both with 0 malfunctions.

I actually, just fondled a FNX today for the first time. The grips have a more aggressive texture. They come with 4 back straps. The magazines hold one more round. Also they are decocker+safety. I have yet to fire one though. I'm sure they are on par with the FNP.

Here is a pic of my first range trip with my 9mm.

001-18.jpg

Pic of my first range trip with my .40.

DSCI0003.jpg

I really like the FNP's :rockwoot:. Still, you need to find what fits you best. I just wanted to give you a skinny on the FNP/FNX. You can also check out the FN forums.

FN PS90 FN SCAR FN FS2000 FN FiveseveN 5.7x28mm FNP :: FN Forum.NET

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I knew that U.S.Patriot would be along. He is the unofficial President of the INGO FNP fan club. I do like the way his FNP 9mm shoots. Can't wait to try a few rounds through that new .40.

Top Bottom