• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the FN Five-Seven pistol. I understand it is a DAO -- is that correct? One heck of a package with 20 rounds of that stuff on your side.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Maybe its a image thing. FN came out with the piece of crap FN five-seven and in my mind it killed them for me. Who wants to buy a pistol that look uglier than a Glock, shoots a pathetically wimpy five by seven round, handles like a 2x4 and the front site sticks up a half mile. I exaggerate I know but for me that gun kinda killed off FN as a choice for me.

Or at least thats what I keep telling myself so I wont go buy one. :dunno:

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    wow i am surprised at the reaction to 5 and 7 pistols. first let me say it weighs almost nothing i mean literarily and thats w/ 20 rounds. next it will penetrate most any body armor around right now and its suppose to leave rather large blood channels through its targets. just to add its not the prettiest but to be fair it was designed for soldiers who carry the 5 x7 assault rifle like the ps90 ect that way if the main gun went down the pistol fired the same ammo. also my friends and i have accurately shot them out to 200 yards thats also rather impressive. great guns , not very price friendly and definitely wont win a beauty contest but a great gun if you ask me

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I love my FiveSeven! You dont see alot of hand guns that shoot well at a 100yrds or more. Fun to shoot too! To me looks alot better than a squared glock!
    2335913269_b606b6e4f3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I wanted to like the FN five seven, but the more I look into them it seems that the ammo we can acquire as civilians makes that round equivalent to a .22 magnum rimfire. maybe someone can provide me with better information, but wha I find keeps pointing me to an expensive ( but accurate) round with very little too ovver in the balistics to make it worth a spot in the safe

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I love my FiveSeven! You dont see alot of hand guns that shoot well at a 100yrds or more. Fun to shoot too! To me looks alot better than a squared glock!
    2335913269_b606b6e4f3_b.jpg

There were actually a few people murder by these in Indy at 42nd and college, which made the LEO and FD/EMS very nervious. Not sure why, a gun is a gun and the FD don't where expensive undershirts!!!

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    The 5.7 is a hype machine, and like Jeremiah said, it has .22 mag performance. A .22wmr will defeat most body armor, level II from a pistol and IIIA from a rifle. If you are in a position where you need to defeat body armor with a pistol everything has gone to pot, whether you're a civilian, LEO or military.

As far as the FNP series, I think it's the lack of hype that's holding them back. I have the FNP-9, and it is quite different from the FNP-45. The 9, .40 and .357 are all very similar, but the .45 was designed separately and looks pretty similar but is a little different. I can't help but wonder if it isn't the low price that is killing the smaller FNPs. I got mine in January for $460, and have been carrying it ever since. But seeing the price of it made me wonder what the catch was. As far as fit, finish and function, it's on par with guns that cost a hell of a lot more, but it's missing something. FN is hyping everything else they make like nobody's business, but not a whole lot on the FNP series. On the plus side, FN is almost continuously giving away holsters for them, which is about the only way to get a holster for an FNP.

I think that in the end the FNPs are kind of a hum-drum pistol. It isn't ground breaking in design or radically styled, and it doesn't have a huge hype machine behind it, or the ability to rely on loyalty people feel to the manufacturer. It's a workhorse knockaround pistol just like the klunky Rugers. There's nothing wrong with that, not everyone can be the star quarterback.

Last edited:

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Love your avatar, Serial Crusher. I watch that movie a few times a week. :D

Anywho, I was looking around for a good holster for my FNP45 and it just wasn't happening. But considering my small frame, it wouldn't be easy for me to carry anyways, so I bought a 1911 for my carry gun.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Love your avatar, Serial Crusher. I watch that movie a few times a week. :D

Anywho, I was looking around for a good holster for my FNP45 and it just wasn't happening. But considering my small frame, it wouldn't be easy for me to carry anyways, so I bought a 1911 for my carry gun.

Thanks, pretty hilarious movie. FN sends out either a Bladetech kydex holster or a Gould & Goodrich leather one for the bonus offers they have. Bladetech has the same models on their site, but G&G lists nothing for the FNP. I've looked at the will fit lists for a few manufacturers and the only one that specifically listed FNPs was Safariland. I mentioned on INGO before that FN was really good about their holster offer. I bought an FNP in one of the few months they weren't offering it, and when I called in looking for a holster, they sent me one no questions asked.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    The 5.7 is a hype machine, and like Jeremiah said, it has .22 mag performance. A .22wmr will defeat most body armor, level II from a pistol and IIIA from a rifle. If you are in a position where you need to defeat body armor with a pistol everything has gone to pot, whether you're a civilian, LEO or military.

Grendel P-30 30rd .22 Mag Pistol -

I think I'd just get two of these over the FN 5-7 not as polished but I won't worry as much about a scratch on my 500 dollar pistol as I will one that cost 1K

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like 1911's. I like Glocks. I want an FNP45. I have large hands and the pistol, though large, does not seem that large to me. I have been carrying a Bersa 9mm Hi Cap that holds 17+1 HST so will welcome the 14 and 15+1 in 45acp. I just cannot afford anything right now.

Has anyone seen them in the Indy area?

exile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I like 1911's. I like Glocks. I want an FNP45. I have large hands and the pistol, though large, does not seem that large to me. I have been carrying a Bersa 9mm Hi Cap that holds 17+1 HST so will welcome the 14 and 15+1 in 45acp. I just cannot afford anything right now.

Has anyone seen them in the Indy area?

PSS had one for around $580-590, but it only came with 10rd mags :rolleyes:

Top Bottom