WTS/WTT: FN-FAL(STG-58) 7.62x51 Pic Heavy...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    **Thanks for all of the offers, but I think I will just keep it**

Testing to see what offers I get. I have an FN-FAL (Austrian STG-58) for sale/trade. This rifle is a safe queen and rarely gets fired. That is a shame considering how much fun it is to take to the range. This rifle was custom built by Dan at Volunteer Ordnance Works in 2004. This rifle was assembled using an Austrian kit with the original Steyr barrel. The rifle was built on an Imbel “Gear” receiver with all needed 922r compliance parts. I sent the DSArms Extreme scope mount/dust cover, Israeli extended selector, and G1 long flash suppressor to Dan to complete the build.

I have three sets of US made Buttstock/pistol grip sets for this weapon:

1. American made stock FAL set,
    2. SAW style buttstock and grip,
    3. 1st gen Birdman (Weapon Arts) sniper adjustable stock and pistol grip (buttstock is solid injection-molded polymer and adds 3-4lbs. to the rifle).

Approximate round count is 450. There are marks on the rail from where I had a scope mounted, as well as some brass strikes on the dust cover. None of these effect the operation of the weapon. This weapon has never had a malfunction (FTF, FTE) unless I caused it by adjusting the gas regulator. This is a very heavy-duty rifle (emphasis on heavy) as it weighs in at 15 pounds with the sniper stock attached. Accuracy is excellent, but is it not a sub-MOA rifle.

I will also include 3 metric 20rd. magazines, and two sealed South African battle packs. (280 rounds)

I want $1400, but I would prefer to trade. I don’t need to get rid of this weapon, but am interested in acquiring other weapons.

Trade interests include (in order of preference):

1. FNAR or Keltec RFB

2. AR style rifle in .308 (I would like it to have a brass deflector as I shoot rifles left-handed)

3. Two AK’s (Bulgarian, Yugo M70AB1, Norinco, or Maadi) plus cash depending on trades offered. I would prefer one in 5.45x39 and one in 7.62x39. Preference given to trades containing a Maadi AK. Arsenal built AK's would be a plus, but obviously not 2 of them. No folding stocks, but I may entertain a Golani.

4. ??? Send me a creative offer.

Thanks for looking, now on to the pics:

fal1.jpg

fal2.jpg

fal3.jpg

fal4.jpg

fal5.jpg

fal6.jpg

fal7.jpg

fal8.jpg

Here is one with the SAW buttstock/pistol grip attached:

fal9.jpg