• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WHO just raised the level to 5.It is now officially a pandemic.
    WHO chief to raise pandemic alert level: sources

cidrap006.jpg

a little something.

raiven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    now the panic will come and it will get out of control not because of the virues because of the unknown in peoples minds man this is going to get scary.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I hate it when I have to wear my tinfoil hat, but yeah, I found that to be a hell of a coincidence to.

Could have been an attempted attack on I6BO while in Mexico. Try to infect I6BO with this swine flu and the causalities would be other people as well.

Also here is a better WORLD MAP of all the cases.
    RSOE EDIS - Pandemic Monitoring System

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    now the panic will come and it will get out of control not because of the virues because of the unknown in peoples minds man this is going to get scary.

It already has. NWI wal-marts, targets, walgreens, CVS all our OUT of N95 surgical mask. Now with the possible cases in Chicago, IL I would venture to say that within 48 hours you are going to see massive closings in the area.

If you think ammo was scares this is going to be worse. While many america's have been in fear of an AWB now EVERY AMERICA is in fear of this so imagine the level of supplies that are going bye-bye on the shelves right now.

I hope you have stockup all.

raiven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    well the peoples fears are climbing.

People in U.S. take extra precautions over swine flu
    Apr 29, 06:15 PM EDT

By Matthew Bigg

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Demand for hand-washing products and face masks soared in the United States on Wednesday as many people stepped up health precautions against swine flu after the first death in the country from the virus.

Drugstore chain Rite Aid Corp reported an "extraordinary spike" in national demand for hand sanitizers, wipes and soap and demand was also up for Roche Holding AG's flu drug Tamiflu, said spokeswoman Ashley Flower.

Drugstore chain Walgreens reported increased demand for products that could help keep flu at bay and said it was stocking all products recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A 22-month-old boy died in Texas of swine flu. U.S. officials said he was on a family visit from Mexico, where up to 159 flu fatalities have been recorded.

There are 91 confirmed cases in 10 U.S. states from New York to California, according to the CDC, which said the number was likely to rise.

In the California capital Sacramento, some residents rushed to buy surgical masks at drugstores, to wear over their mouths as a protection against the virus.

"I had four people in here this morning as soon as we opened up," said Tom Nelson, who sold four boxes containing 20 masks each at his busy Midtown store, Pucci's Leader Pharmacy.

Since Monday, 20 to 30 people had called or come in to buy masks and to see if Tamiflu was in stock. "We order them (masks) every day, and now the suppliers are out. If we get a run on them, we'll be out like everyone else," Nelson said.

In other signs of concern over the virus, two schools closed in California on Wednesday and at least one in Chicago because of suspected cases of the virus and high levels of absenteeism among students.

Many Americans were taking precautions at home.

Virginia Endecott of Katy, Texas described her family's response as "heightened vigilance" and said she was wiping household appliances, door handles and other surfaces at least twice a day as well as using hand wipes.

"We're probably a little more worried than we otherwise would be," she said.

MEXICO TRIPS CUT SHORT

Many people returning on Wednesday from Mexico to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport wore face masks to protect against the possible spread of the virus and some said they had cut short their trips.

Several said they were surprised not to have been subjected to additional screening and questions by U.S. Customs.

"Customs was normal here (in the United States). In Mexico they made us fill out a form and we had to write if we had a headache, stomach ache, fever or coughing," said Jorge Ortega, 21, who flew in from the Mexican city of Chihuahua.

Angel Aguirre, 29, a U.S. citizen who works in the leather upholstery industry, wore a face mask and said that, as an extra precaution, he had also wrapped his clothes in plastic and planned to wash them as soon as he got home.

"I was there about three days. It should have been two weeks," said Aguirre.

Several Americans said they were increasingly vigilant but not panicking.

"I figure it's going to get worse before it gets better. It's going to spread, right?" said Kathy Ivcich, 53, a real estate agent in Chicago.

(Additional reporting by Ed Stoddard in Dallas, Carey Gillam and Andrew Stern in Chicago and Steve Gorman in Los Angeles)

(Editing by Pascal Fletcher and Cynthia Osterman)

http://www.insightbb.com/reuters/default.a...PRECAUTIONS.XML

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Is it true...

...That last year 36,000 ppl died from influenza?

Why don't they try to whip this into a $hitstorm

Idiots

Regards

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Channel 8 just did a series on the flu. It said there where 4 cases sent in today from Marion county,and two came back as not positive and the others where still under review. Then the interesting part.They did an interview with the media relations guy for Saint Francis hospital,and he said they where quarantining people in isolation rooms that show symptoms.
    No I am not to worried about this. But I also think they are not telling us everything.104 schools are already closed,some only because of "suspected" cases.If it is really as mild as they say how is it any different than any other flu,and they have very rarely closed a school for those.
    More than 100 U.S. schools closed because of swine flu - CNN.com
    :twocents:
    What is it they are not saying?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Either there's something else to this or they just want us trembling in fear.

Outrage leads to fear. Fear leads to panic. Panic leads to riots. Riots leads to Martial Law/Quarantine.

????

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    oh you need a good laugh? Go to here...and get your Aporkalypse posters from the state !
    ISDH: Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Posters

Then on to the not funny stuff. New draft of Standard of care guidance for dealing with an influenza outbreak.States first draft.
    ISDH: Pandemic Influenza
    Do not ask me how I find this stuff...else Ill have to send over some zombies :)

Found it :) The Indiana Flu Pandemic play book.
    http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/PandemicInfluenzaPlan.pdf
    Decent read and gives you an idea what they will do next.

Last edited:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I am curious what else is going on? Whenever something this big happens in the news there's something else happening while our attention is diverted...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I am curious what else is going on? Whenever something this big happens in the news there's something else happening while our attention is diverted...
    Tru dat.

I guess all the Ft.Worth, TX schools are closed for a week, or so says the radio. Wonder how many will follow suit? If I was a graduating senior, I'd be ticked right about now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sell them while you can. You do know they're useless right?

Yes and No.

Yes you are correct that the N95 or P95 (industrial version) respirator mask can NOT stop the virus since they are "pourus" (??) breadable mask. The only way to stop it would be having a full body bio suit (think of those big yellow or white radition suits that have the specialied mask or built-in air systems).

No in that since the virus in not airborne (yet) the mask still servers a purpose along with wearig latex gloves and goggles. Wearing any of these places a barrier between you and your mouth, eyes, nose. If you have gloves on you will thing twice before putting your hand in your mouth. In addition, when you take them off you are more likely to wash your hasnds. Something many people just don't do.

The goggles also put a barrier between your hands and eyes. The mask serves the same purpose placing a barrier between your hands and mouth. Plus those that may cough/sneeze around you, you have an added barrier to those germs.

Why do you think crazy Micheal Jackson wears his mask. :D

In all serious though the items are to help reinforce the notion that you need to WASH YOU HANDS. No touch your eyes, nose, mouth.

While the CDC is saying they are not needed, the CDC is also NOT saying the entire story. Why does europe, asia, south america all use them? It could be that they server no "medical purpose" but perhaps give a physcological one. In any case I have lost all faith in the american news media. What I am hearing on the spanish based outlets and the europea feeds paints a different picture and while not all of it may be true it is more info than is being filter by the US.

Remember that eBook "Lights Out" that we had posted on here awhile back? And how the acting president kept saying the lights would be back in a few days and not to worry. Tha same line I think it being reported to us here. They just don't wants a mass panic to occur.

Hey if I'm wrong then all you have done is bought some extra mask which you can return if you dont use and hold on to your receipt. But what if I am right? Is your life and those of your family not worth a mask?

You have a gun for protection from BG. Why not get a mask just in case?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom