• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It seems like all it takes is one person to complain.

The minority rules supreme in this country on many issues. We have to forever be dilligent.

Though I didn't understand this in the article:
    “You have to be careful with the definition of a subdivision. It could mean a lot of different things,” Seabrook said. “You could have a subdivision where the properties are 10 miles apart.”

What??? Where in the world is this definition of a "subdivision" from. I thought subdivisions (even divsions for that matter) had clear cut boundaries and were confined by specific cross streets.

Good luck down there. Looks like from the tone of the article and the comments though that this will be a victory for gun owners.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The minority rules supreme in this country on many issues. We have to forever be dilligent.

Though I didn't understand this in the article:

What??? Where in the world is this definition of a "subdivision" from. I thought subdivisions (even divsions for that matter) had clear cut boundaries and were confined by specific cross streets.

Good luck down there. Looks like from the tone of the article and the comments though that this will be a victory for gun owners.
    While not "10 miles apart" there probably really are subdivisions out there that are nearly that large. For instance, I believe there is a subdivision over near Bloomfield, IN that covers several square miles and has some very large plots (one I saw was over 100 acres). It is classified as a subdivision though. It doesn't take much to classify something as a subdivision. I'm not a lawyer but I believe all it takes is for a land owner to split parts of his land into different tracts and then sell them. So if I bought a 100 acre farm, then split it and sold it to my kids, that would be a subdivision and then they couldn't shoot there anymore, even if its in the middle of nowhere.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    That's correct.

Depending on the zoning of the area, and following the zoning ordinaces, you can "subdivide" your land and you have now created a "subdivision."

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I keep getting more concerned for Our Country and Our State every time I read this type of News. I do Pray for us every time I see this kind of BS. I Pray Ofter!

Our next round of Elections? If We the People don't get the job done within the next four years, We the People are in deep trouble. If We the People think we are in trouble now, just wait and do nothing.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I passed this on to someone connected to the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. I don't know if they can do anything about this. I'll try to keep an eye out for any future developments.

Top Bottom