• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah, these guys are old. I wonder how many still have land lines and rotary phones? ....oh, and a rolodex.

Bah, the key in that picture is for a red 5.0 Mustang. Just because there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean the furnace isn't working.:)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Yeah, these guys are old. I wonder how many still have land lines and rotary phones? ....oh, and a rolodex.

No rolodex, but we do have an old-school copper-wire land line, complete with crackle and static every time it rains. We didn't even upgrade to flat screen TVs until the old analog ones died of natural causes.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    My current is an ATT Go! phone that currently sells at Kroger for $11. I popped my ATT sim card in it and away I went.

Dude, I've seen your phone. Maxwell Smart's 1960's era shoe-phone was more advanced. Come to think of it, the phone booth he went in to was more advanced. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Flip phone? Check
    Wheel gun? Check
    Semi Auto? Check
    Landline? Check

I like the old flip phone. It is very hard to butt dial with one!

Oh...and I have never yet had to actually BUY a phone. I always get the free one offered as an upgrade. I bet you wonder what I upgraded from. :):

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    I love my Samsung phone.
    It has fallen off the truck, has been lost outside for 3 days in the fall and hit concrete countless times but always works.
    When my friends or family razz me about my phone I tell them it's not old it's vintage.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Motorola2950.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have used the same Nokia 1600 bar phone since 2006. This month I switched over to a flip that they provided free telling me that 2g would not work soon. This newfangled flip phone is not even half the phone the Nokia was and it will never last 10 years

Oh! And yes, I carry a wheel gun.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

My first one was just like that one. I still remember sitting in my car one rainy day, talking to a person in my office and thinking "This is amazing, I'm in my car and I'm talking on the phone!"

If someone in the office wanted to call me, they had to know where I was, then call the number for the nearby tower, then dial my number.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bag phone! I wish you could still use those, here in the country they had much better range.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is 2016. The time for carrying flip phones, revolvers, and 1911's is over. This is the world of carrying smart phones, Glocks and M&P's.

You old folks need to get with the times.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am refusing to get one of those fancy phones until I have to. I like my little flip phone that fits in my pocket. For the record, I never actually had a bag phone but we did have the old Motorola flip phone. Those were bulky monsters but the walkie talkie feature on it was rather useful at times.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Um, checks calendar, 2016. :rofl:

Haha, fwiw, some of us choose flip phones for reason other than the technology factor or our age. I'm a young guy and I choose a flipper because I don't like the bulk and higher risk of breakage you get with smart phones. I'm on my knees, up/down, in contorted positions, I work with grease/oil etc, I keep my phone in my pocket (belt holster not an option). Smart phones just don't work well in that environment. Not to mention constantly worrying about charging the battery. My wife's phone MUST be charged every day. Go out of town for more than a day and you have to pack a bag for the phone too. When I go out of town, as long as it's not more than a week, I leave the charger at home and just take the phone...

Now let us flippers have our thread where we can mutually support each other's decisions to stay in the dark ages of technology... :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dude, I've seen your phone. Maxwell Smart's 1960's era shoe-phone was more advanced. Come to think of it, the phone booth he went in to was more advanced. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's only funny because it's true!

Flip phone? Check
    Wheel gun? Check
    Semi Auto? Check
    Landline? Check

I like the old flip phone. It is very hard to butt dial with one!

Oh...and I have never yet had to actually BUY a phone. I always get the free one offered as an upgrade. I bet you wonder what I upgraded from. :):

You are well equipped and well adjusted!

This is 2016. The time for carrying flip phones, revolvers, and 1911's is over. This is the world of carrying smart phones, Glocks and M&P's.

You old folks need to get with the times.

. . . said the ginger who is afraid to drive his 4WD jeep in the snow . . .

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Still got a LG flip from TracFone. Had it for 8 years.I spend maybe $150 a Year.Still got a Rotary dial(with volume control) in living room.with a lifetime plan,$29.99 month.I pay the extra 100 month on house instead.I got a Seiko,a J-frame,and a case knife.Got a shotgun,a rifle,and a 4wd.......................

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Still got a LG flip from TracFone. Had it for 8 years.I spend maybe $150 a Year.Still got a Rotary dial(with volume control) in living room.with a lifetime plan,$29.99 month.I pay the extra 100 month on house instead.I got a Seiko,a J-frame,and a case knife.Got a shotgun,a rifle,and a 4wd.......................
    Rotary phones still work?

I've got one upstairs that was in Great Grandma's house. Maybe I need to bring it on down. Not sure how to adapt the old connector to modern phone jacks though.

Top Bottom