• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I've been wanting a high power flashlight (aka spotlight). I was at TSC the other day and saw a few there. $10 - $40

Power: From 1M to 15M candlepower. One with 3M, the box said can spot objects up to 10 miles away.... um... really?

Rechargeable: A must.

Cost: I'm thrifty. :)

Don't really know what I need but you can't see what 2M candlepower does in the store. So... what do you think?

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Well... I'm not spotting deer or anything like that. I want one for the house, truck, etc. General purpose stuff. Powerful without being big. I have a 6v flashlight that's nice but eats batteries and it's not powerful enough to see what's out there in the dark. I want to 'light it up'!! :D

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I bought a 2M B&D from Wally World. Rechargable using AC/DC. I think it was $30ish.

I had another that was like $70. Much brighter and whiter. Decided I didn't need that powerful a spot. Come to think about it I probably could have used a better one a couple weeks ago.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I bought one of those 2M B&D's a few years ago, so far it's been pretty decent, mine has proven to be extremely rugged w/ good throw & coverage, no complaints other than it's a bit top heavy, they probably could have put the heavy battery at the bottom of the handle instead of in the top to have balanced it out better but regardless I feel that I have easily gotten my 30 bucks of use out of it & then some.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Okay, thanks for the info guys. The 2M should be a good general use beam. I may step up to the 3M they have at TSC because price is nearly the same.

Loopie... that is a $400 flashlight! LOL It was a mean mutha though. Wow!

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The picture of the HID light in action is almost unbelievable. Its very bright even for a mounted model but that performance out of a small handheld light??? Its real expensive though so who knows. I'd like to talk to someone who has one and actually see it work. Can you imagine that as a weapon light, you wouldn't even need to shoot, it would literally blind/melt thier skin off! If anyone has any experience with Spymodex let us know if the company is legit.

Top Bottom