• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I am looking at adding a flashlight to my shotgun. I had looked into the TLR-1 with the remote switch and Nordic clamp with rail but that adds up to like 240 dollars. Does anyone have a setup that they like that doesn't cost almost as much as the gun?

Thanks.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am looking at adding a flashlight to my shotgun. I had looked into the TLR-1 with the remote switch and Nordic clamp with rail but that adds up to like 240 dollars. Does anyone have a setup that they like that doesn't cost almost as much as the gun?

Thanks.

The TLR1 and Nordic clamp is what I have on my 870. And it is expensive, but it's really the best way. You could mount a flashlight, such as a Surefire or a Streamlight poly-tac. But it'll be bulky. Adds weight. And some LED lights don't handle the shotgun recoil well.

Surefire makes a rail forend with a light. Its probably the best way, and it'll be the most expensive way as well.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    The TLR1 and Nordic clamp is what I have on my 870. And it is expensive, but it's really the best way. You could mount a flashlight, such as a Surefire or a Streamlight poly-tac. But it'll be bulky. Adds weight. And some LED lights don't handle the shotgun recoil well.

Surefire makes a rail forend with a light. Its probably the best way, and it'll be the most expensive way as well.

Did you use the remote switch on yout tlr light? Have you had any problems with the light?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Thanks.

You could also go buy a nice benelli m4 or bigcraig's red jacket saiga -- then the light would be nowhere near as much as the gun. See? Creative thinking.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've got a sure fire G2 in a V-Tac poly mount all on the rail that is sandwiched between the mag tube cap and barrel ring. Fairly cheap and stands up well. My HD870 is already bulky so...

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Last edited:

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    Heres my setup all sourced from Amazon, Fenix ta20 flashlight, remote pressure switch. UTG barrell clamp mount, and 1' diameter offset light mount. The Fenix light is super bright and small. Setup is awesome lights up a room like daylight. I use the same setup on shotgun and My .243 for coyote hunting with a green filter and reaches out to 100 plus yards. . Altogether the setup is les than $125 and I'm really happy with it.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001WJ0CFQ/ref=oh_o06_s01_i01_details[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZYRV2E/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details]Amazon.com: OFF SET TACTICAL Weapon Mount For Olight M20/M21/M30, Fenix TK11, TK12, TA21, JETBeam M1X/M2S/JET-III M/RRT-1/RRT-2 and many more 1" Diameter size Flashlight: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FCSU2Q/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NRQLBA/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details]Amazon.com: Fenix Remote Switch (TK12, TA20, TA21): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Top Bottom