• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I think this may be the first "review" that I've done in the manner of hinting that virtually everyone would probably like this flashlight.

This light is made in China, but it's a quality light

A few months ago, I bought an M-20X flashlight, made by OLIGHT, at the Kokomo gun show. I was impressed with the brightness of the light inside a lighted building, but I was more impressed with the light outside, at night.

Basics first....

Mil-spec: MIL-STD-810F

I paid $98 out-the-door, for the light w/accessories (in a nice latching case), and 10 CR123A batteries

the light is 5.75 inches in overall length, made of black anodized aluminum

the bulb housing is 1.312 inches in diameter, and incorporates a striking bezel (removable) for use like a kubotan.

the "tube" can be held by a 1" weapon mount

It's operated by a push-button on the rear of the tube, and a remote on/off switch is available

the light has 4 modes... low, med, high, and strobe ... what I like about it, is that you can pre-set the "default mode" that you prefer the light to be in, when you turn it on. You can change that mode in about 5 seconds.

it uses CR123A batteries, and run times are
    low 85 hours (10 lumens)
    med 5 hours (100 lumens)
    hi 90 minutes (500 lumens)

The light is water/impact resistant to a depth/height of 2 meters

The light comes with a black semi-rigid denier holster, that will adjust for any belt width, a lanyard, two spare o-rings, a spare rubber on-off boot, batteries, a light diffuser, and a black stainless steel belt clip.

I was really impressed with the light. Indiana farm land is pretty flat, and this light is visible from well over a mile away, measured with GPS. From 150 yards away, I can clearly illuminate the whole west side of my 2 story house. We walk our dogs just before sunrise, and just after sunset, and the dogs are easily visible in the park/walking track that measures over 250 yards long, by 150 yards wide.

If you light someone up with this light in the dark, they will be uncomfortable, quickly.

Good light to consider if you don't already have a light... heh, or even if you do.

M20S-X Warrior---OLIGHT.ALL rights reserved

Just my 2 cents......

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the review Jay!

What's does the button on the side do?

201181985745956.jpg

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Thanks for the review Jay!

What's does the button on the side do?

201181985745956.jpg

The button on the side of the rear cap changes the default mode of the light. Turn the light on with the rear push-button, then the side-mounted button will cycle thru the available modes. The last mode you select before turning the light off, will be the default mode. Also, when the light is off, pressing that side button, will activate the light in strobe mode, regardless of the default mode.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Interesting!

I did a review on a similar model and it didn't have this side button. Mode changes were done by twisting the head back and forth a quarter turn. The button way seems more user-friendly, assuming it doesn't get hit accidentally.

That would be my only objection to this light.... locating that flush-mounted side button in the dark is difficult.... with gloves, it would be impossible to find quickly in the dark.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    How wide would you say the beam is at about 20 feet

I'd say the brightest portion of the beam is about 5 ft in diameter at 20 ft. The "peripheral" part of the beam is much softer and about 3 times the diameter of the brightest portion at any given distance. That's a guess on my part.

Top Bottom