• ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    lol ... you want advice after you've made the purchase? Sure looks like a great shotgun. Winchester is a respected name in the shotgun community.

If you're planning to use it for home defense, spend a bunch of time at the range with different loads to learn how to handle it. If you can find one, take a shotgun defense class. If you're planning to use it for shotgun games, the short barrel may prove to be a bit of a handicap.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I have read a couple of articles on the gun, and all seems positive. It is a good looking shotgun, that's for sure. If I am not mistaken, I think they are made in Turkey?

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have patterned many loads in my 870 cylinder bore home defense gun. The federal https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/951...2-3-4-15-pellet-flitecontrol-1-buck-shot.html pattern was just amazing. At 20 yards it was placing all 15 pellets within a paper plate center mass.

The Hornady Critical Defense was a close second with its versatite wad https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...munition-12-gauge-2-3-4-00-buckshot-box-of-10 but the pattern wasn't as consistent as the Federal.

This was eye opening for me to perform the patterning. I had a bunch of cheap, remington 9 pellet buckshot I had planned on using. When I took it to the range and shot it it was spread out all over the target at 10 yards with some missing the target. That made me worry slightly about where these random pellets were going and could be spraying in my house. Glad I found someting I feel confident will stay on target.

Top Bottom