• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    The slower you go, the more you will retain and the better basis you will have for building additional skills.

I see a lot of newer shooters who go faster than their brain can remember, and even seconds after the stage can't tell me what they just did.

Comprehend everything around you, focus on your task at hand, and enjoy yourself. Speed will come later.

QFT - I was moving WAY too fast at ACC. I felt like I was moving at a pretty relaxed pace but when the SO would call off the times, they were within .5-1 sec of the fastest time. I messed up trying to think about what to engage next and missed a few targets because I was moving too fast. Missed as in disregarded. I definitely couldn't have told you what I did on the first couple stages because I was just winging it :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    shot my first IDPA this past saturday, a lot of fun. My first time shooting on the move, drawing from the holster and doing mag changes under pressure. Pretty happy with how i shot, 4th out of 15 shooters in my class, set the bar high for further IDPA shots for my self.

Top Bottom