• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrot1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    so i finally got a glock, and had decicded on a glock 19 and took it straight to work. i do personal security and have always carried my beretta 92fs. so as the story goes iv had this glock for a total of 12 hours and in that time frame the front sight came off and was lost. has anyone else had this problem??

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow I have never heard of that happening before! I own two Glocks and I couldnt get the sights off without a tool. Did you purchase it used or NIB?

foxtrot1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    new in box as of now im not impressed with them but ganna try and buy new sights in the morning then to the range

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    the front sight came off and was lost.

Maybe it didn't fall off and get lost... It might have escaped before the gun goes
    smileyvault-atomic.gif
    . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I can't count how many times I have bumped (more like crashed) the front site of my G22 on the edge of my gun safe. I fully expected to have knocked it off but it has held fast. Why buy a new sight? If it's new take it back to the dealer and get it replaced under warrenty.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    ...except the 45gap crap...

:ugh: :lala: :moon:

I don't think I've ever heard of the front sight falling off like that. I was surprised to see Yeager take off the front sight by pressing it out with a tool on his XS install video...I thought that there was a nut on there from the factory.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    so i finally got a glock, and had decicded on a glock 19 and took it straight to work. i do personal security

Not trying to call you out or anything but curious, when you say you took it straight to work and you work personal security, do you or your clients rely on your gun for protection and if so did you make sure that you or they could depend on it prior to replacing your 92FS. Hopefully I'm making an assumption (and all that implies :D) and you either insured you could rely on the Glock or had another gun that you rely on.

Stay safe.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I thought that there was a nut on there from the factory.

On newer Glocks (like, within the last couple months) the front sight is held on by a plastic bolt; I can see where it could possibly break at the neck. Prior to that, the front sight had two "wings" on the bottom that inserted through a hole in the slide, then were driven apart by inserting a polymer pin between them. But I've seen the older style come off, as well.

foxtrot1911:
    Bottom line is, sometimes sh*t happens, even to the best guns/manufacturers. Take the gun back to where you bought it, have a new front sight installed, and get on with life. Or use this incident as an opportunity/excuse to upgrade to night sights. :)

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    My brother lost the front sight on his Glock 30 one evening.. I had two sets of factory sights left over from swapping my own Glocks to Night Sights, though, so no harm..

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    it sucks that that happened to you. ive used the front sight of many glocks for one handed drills to rack the slide. I guess things like this may happen from time to time.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think it's just a fluke. You should just take it back and get it fixed.

Or, you could do what I would do and use it as an excuse to get some XS Big Dots installed.

Top Bottom