• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have Ash piled high and deep with several more logs to go. It smells like a BBQ every time I go outside, wonderful stuff. We cleared 1/2 mile of fence line 2 years ago and I still have enough for at least one more year before going to the dead standing in my woods. All thanks to the Chinese and their bugs...

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    You already saw bocefus78's 30k foot view. Here's a few more:

This one is a real gem!
    so think long and hard before replacing versus repairing

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I completely drain my oil cans when changing oil, etc, gear oil, older open cans, etc. into a gallon and use that in my oiler cans and have used that in my chainsaw. Gone back to using bar oil as I feel the bars do last longer. Usually buy the least expensive I can find when I need more. Cut the equivelant of 2-20” oak trees a year, 85% with one saw and the big stuff with my other saw.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    20240111_171058.jpg

I'm ready for the incoming arctic blast. Got the new blower motor installed today. Also brought 3 days of wood inside with another 4 days worth 1 step out the back door.

Having 2 years of wood covered with recycled barn metal is priceless with all the rain we just got and what's coming tomorrow :)

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow went from 80 in here hating the stove sweating with windows open…. To having a roaring fire in it 24/7 and it barely keeping up lol

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Wow went from 80 in here hating the stove sweating with windows open…. To having a roaring fire in it 24/7 and it barely keeping up lol
    It's sounding more and more tempting for me to add one. The heat pump alone will keep up until 10‐15° or so, then the auxiliary electric heat has to kick in...

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    CG, I was thinking about your question earlier concerning mounting a cleanout of sorts just above your stove for access to the top area of the oven that clogged up on you.
    Would you be able to get any needed inspecting/cleaning done with a simple tee mounted on top of the stove ?

Like one of these....Chimney pipe tee

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    CG, I was thinking about your question earlier concerning mounting a cleanout of sorts just above your stove for access to the top area of the oven that clogged up on you.
    Would you be able to get any needed inspecting/cleaning done with a simple tee mounted on top of the stove ?

Like one of these....Chimney pipe tee
    Yep that is exactly what I need but what could cover the clean out part is that a cap in the pic?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yep that is exactly what I need but what could cover the clean out part is that a cap in the pic?
    Another, perhaps less elegant option is a section of telescoping stove pipe. You'll still have to unscrew it from the top of the stove, but you could do so and prop it up out of the way to give you the clearance you need for cleaning.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I got my moisture meter now that oak everyone was concerned with is 12%-12.9% so definitely not ideal but I’m sure it could be worse

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I was out yesterday and yup ground was frozen.. got where the open ground with no wind block and that will wake you up. Got a nice load of pin oak and it burns well. Going out tomorrow when the heat wave of the teens hit..:)

Top Bottom