• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm taking a plane ride in a couple of weeks, and have my iPad loaded with all episodes of Firefly, plus Serenity. Planning to go through it again, and remember what good TV was like, before the reality show explosion.

If anyone wants to join in and discuss/quote/joke/whatever, here's the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uMAKtXlXf4

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Good show; I miss it and just like all the other cool ones I liked, it got cancelled way too soon.

I don't watch Castle, but that $h!t was funny right thar...

ETA: I forgot to mention that "Browncoat" was under consideration to be my username!

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    One thing that has always bugged me is the episode where Jayne tries to sell out River and Simon; at the end, Simon asks Mal why he stuck up for them when it would have been just as easy to dump them. Mal says "you're on my crew. Why are we still talking about this?" It's a great window into Mal's character and the depths of his loyalty to those he's decided are worth the trouble.

Then in Serenity, Mal's attitude seems to have reset to what it was before that episode, and he seems undecided about whether he should let them hang out on his boat. I realize some of the character development probably had to be retconned to make the arcs a little more pleasing to the non-Firefly-watching movie audience, but I always find it jarring when I watch Serenity, because I always think of that scene between Simon and Mal.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Awesome show. I watched it every week when it was on Fox all those years ago. The Sci channel ran a marathon of it this past weekend. Damn that football!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't watch TV much, so I missed it the first time, although I was aware of it. I got the DVD set and devoured it. I hate the people that decide what we get to watch, more than ever.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I don't watch TV much, so I missed it the first time, although I was aware of it. I got the DVD set and devoured it. I hate the people that decide what we get to watch, more than ever.

You got lucky. With the way they aired it on TV it pretty much destroyed the show :/ Long gaps between episodes, wrong orders, moving timeslot... fox really was trying to kill it long before they did.

Citizen 5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Warsaw
    Man I miss that show. They need to bring it back, but pre-serenity

Nailed it right on the head. Firefly was perfect. There should go back and make at least three more seasons. But Serenity was Joss Whedon's opportunity to be the jerkface he is. He waits until you absolutely love a character, and then mercilessly kills them. Wash of all characters? That's just pure evil. Whedon is an amazing writer/director, but he's also a jerkface.

BTW, Fletch, great video! They forgot a couple classics, though:

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

And my personal favorite:

"Some people juggle geese!"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom