Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Two senate bills have been filed.

SB 200 - Authored by Senator Walker

SB 276 - Authored by Senators Holdman and Kruse

Enjoy the fun times!

Indiana firearms freedom act. Provides that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that: (1) is manufactured commercially or privately in Indiana from basic materials; (2) can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state; and (3) remains within the borders of Indiana; is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Perhaps the Senator's didn't know each of them was going to author the bill.

They will most likely leave one to die and all becomes co-authors on one bill.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fight the federalis at every chance.

Pass state laws that do the same for Indiana produced alcohol, Indiana produced tobacco, Indiana grown and sold fruits, vegetables, nuts, bolts, hats, cars, clocks, cats, cups, everthing.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    At least we are forcing the feds to react, instead of us reacting to them all of the time. Laws like this are far, far from symbolic. They may be pre-empted by federal laws, but at least we can force them to say, in public, that they are usurping the will of the several states and the people. Done enough, and people will begin to take notice.

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    Another half-***ed one... No teeth and all those exceptions. What they need to do is take a page out of New Hampshire's book (here). Now that one has some teeth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Maybe Senator Holdman DID listen to what I said to him last year when I went to the Statehouse to visit... and called him about... and emailed him...

Way to go, Senator!

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    So would that mean we could get a full auto in indiana? If it ever passed.

One of the surest ways to get these bills defeated is to start advertising it as a way around federal bans on automatic weapons. Unfortunately, there are too many average people who claim to be strong proponents of the 2A and yet support such bans. :dunno:

As much as I would like lawful Indiana citizens to have the right to purchase full automatic weapons, I think it would be way too premature to start thinking like this. Congressman Mike Pence doesn't even think that we should have access to full automatics and he is given an "A" rating by the Gun Owners of America.

If one of these two Indiana bills passes, does this mean that federal laws requiring serial numbers on ammuntion would be DOA here in Indiana?

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If one of these two Indiana bills passes, does this mean that federal laws requiring serial numbers on ammuntion would be DOA here in Indiana?

Only on ammo made in Indiana to be sold in Indiana.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If one of these two Indiana bills passes, does this mean that federal laws requiring serial numbers on ammunition would be DOA here in Indiana?

That would be great as there are at least two ammo makers here in Indiana- Acme and Precision Cartridge.

Centerfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    I like the idea of the Bill.
    Are there any Indiana Firearms Manufacaturers?
    Do we have a list?

If there are not any, is this one way to encourage some start-ups in Indiana, and increase the state tax base plus increase employment at the same time?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, I'd say if we pass the legislation about firearms in our cars at work then this has a good chance of passing. However, a lot of the BS needs scrubbed from the bill and these people need to get a stiffer backbone. It's a good first step, but this is pretty useless unless they put teeth to it, as it were.

Maybe one day the people will say :fawk: to the feds and finally run this state by the will of the people instead of the government.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Interstate Commerce Clause will almost certainly put an end to it. If there is reasonable chance ammo, acessories or firearms end up in interstate commerce the feds can legally put an end to it, raid licensed places, even if allowed under state law. Look at California and weed.

Personnaly I think those bills are a show of muscle for the politicians but really not much more than a waste of time other than getting exposure and them trying to show that THEY ARE doing something. BUT REALLY I DOUBT too many believe really into those bills. I would support them but I don't think they have a chance under federal law.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well, I'd say if we pass the legislation about firearms in our cars at work then this has a good chance of passing. However, a lot of the BS needs scrubbed from the bill and these people need to get a stiffer backbone. It's a good first step, but this is pretty useless unless they put teeth to it, as it were.

Maybe one day the people will say :fawk: to the feds and finally run this state by the will of the people instead of the government.

I hope you're right but I don't believe it. :ingo:

Top Bottom