Finally picked up a Kore belt and regret not doing it sooner...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

JesusFreak

I've had my eye on a Kore belt for a while and I'm kind of a cheapskate so I've procrastinated. I've never spent more than $20 on a belt in my life. My previous belt was one of those woven elastic ones from Walmart that I've had easily for 10 years. I'm also quite "fluffy" and struggle to find belts that are comfortable. Rigid belts usually wind up with one hole being too tight and the next too loose.

I also preferred the flexible elastic because I used to do much more manual IT work such as running cable, climbing under desks, etc. It was perfect for that kind of movement without pinching or binding. The one thing it isn't good at, however, is retaining a gun holster. When undoing the belt for whatever reason, it the holster just flops over and dumps my firearm on the ground. I upgraded to a fitted kydex holster so that is less of a problem. But, let's face it, nobody wants a floppy holster.

I'm more of a desk jockey now AND I work from home so I don't need the flexible stretchy belt anymore so I looked around and settled on a Kore.

I wound up picking up a black leather belt with the X6 buckle at Tim's in Westfield. While the leather is not as rigid as the EDC nylon, it is still quite rigid. It looks much more professional (because I do occasionally have to dress up).

It passed the first test by not letting my holster flip over in the process of putting it on for the first time. I'm still waiting on the Ultituck holster clip I ordered a few days ago, so I'm still working with the crappy plastic clip that my holster came with. Even with the crappy clip it holds position better and doesn't pull the holster out as much with the firearm when drawing.

The ratcheting buckle was really the game changer for me. I know there are other belts like this, and admittedly I've never used them so my basis of comparison is limited. I'll also admit that the first time I put it on, I got stuck in it because I couldn't find the release lever because I couldn't see past my gut. My wife was laughing at me too, so feel free...

This got to be a bit more long winded than I wanted it to be, so thanks for letting me ramble.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I used to wear a Bio Belt and switched to a NexBelt with ratcheting buckle several months ago. The ratcheting buckle is a much better way to go, in ways I will explain if another “how to poop with a gun on your belt” thread emerges. The only disadvantage to these belts is not having a hole by which to hang them, at least in mine.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I used to wear a Bio Belt and switched to a NexBelt with ratcheting buckle several months ago. The ratcheting buckle is a much better way to go, in ways I will explain if another “how to poop with a gun on your belt” thread emerges. The only disadvantage to these belts is not having a hole by which to hang them, at least in mine.
    I believe most come with a plastic hanger that inserts into the buckle, both of mine did. Although I never need them because I’m always wearing my EDC belt and my MOLLE belt rides in my gear bag LOL

Top Bottom