• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    My father-in-law passed away almost 2 years ago somewhat unexpectedly. All of his guns went to me when he passed. He had several guns stashed around the house. We recovered all of them at the time of his passing except one that we could not find.

I had sold him the gun back around 1989 when I had my FFL. So I knew exactly what we were looking for and I knew it was there. Several of us did searches but could never find it. Now 2 years later while cleaning out his office room and taking the drawers out of a filing cabinet to throw in the garbage, my MIL found it along with a bonus gun! One gun under each drawer. The search is over.

Ruger New Model Blackhawk in 30 carbine
    Rugerconvertable_zps94f7d291.jpg

and the bonus gun. Anyone know what this one is? I have not had it in my hand yet to see the markings. My wife just texted the pictures to me.
    unknownauto_zps1f10b829.jpg

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    PS - if you see filing cabinets in the garbage or at a garage sale - take/buy them. You never know what is hiding in there.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    The small semi-auto is a "Ruby". Manufactured in large quantities by several Spanish companies around the WWI time frame to supply France with enough handguns to fight the Germans. They show up quite frequently. The quality on some is fine, others, not so much. Caliber should be .32 ACP.

The Spanish Ruby

Thanks for the info that's pretty cool. I will have to add that to my collection. I have a Nazi flag that was brought back by my wife's grandfather along with some other items.

When my wife sees the flag in the safe she says "that thing has got to go". She hates it.

Top Bottom