• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    ...and I am really disappointed! I got a really good deal on a used, but really good condition, Ruger LCP. I took it to a friend's property today to test it out, and every time I pulled the trigger and fired a round, the magazine fell out of the bottom of the grip. I thought for sure I was bumping the magazine release with my thumb, so I tried shooting it in a variety of ways, making sure to stay far away from the magazine catch, and it still dropped the mag every time! I burned through 100 rounds of .380 today testing it out. 60 or so rounds went through the LCP, then I put the rest through my Kel-Tec P3AT to make sure nothing "funny" was happening, and the Kel-Tec performed flawlessly as usual. I actually wanted the LCP to do a hands on comparison between the LCP and the P3AT for myself.....sounds like the Kel-Tec will be getting my vote!

I have heard that Ruger has excellent customer service, and a quick Google search has shown me that I am definitely not the first person that has had this problem with an LCP. But I am a little concerned that since I am a second owner, I will have to pay for the fix. Oh well I guess..... I am a pretty picky person, so this will more than likely taint my view of the LCP, and I will never be able to carry it in confidence. With that said, does anyone want an LCP when I get this back from getting serviced at Ruger? I will more than likely be posting in the classifieds when I get it back...

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    seems strange that you are mad at the gun and not the guy that sold you a gun that had a problem that he had to know about.

I have 2 of the LCPs and they are great.

BTW google Keltech and the list of unhappy people is a long one.

If you want to do a side by side you can shoot one of mine.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Hmmm i have 2 one for myself and my wife ..

Never had a problem one time ...we both carry them me about 80% of the time and my wife 100% ...sorry to hear about your problem , im sure if you call ruger and explain your situation they will take care of you ..
    I have nothing but praise for ruger's customer service dept ..

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Ruger will take care of you.

I was pretty disappointed in mine at first because it had a lot of fail to feed/eject problems. They took care of me. I have only been able to put 50 rounds through it since, but they all worked (before it was 10% failure rate). If I could find more 380 I would like to get a bit more through it to be sure it really is fully reliable.

Top Bottom