• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DerFreischutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Lafayette/Fort Wayne
    If it's old enough you might find someone with an Curio & Relic who will do it for free.

While a person with a C&R could get you the firearm, such a transaction would be illegal according to the terms of the license. They can only use the license to enhance their personal collection. The good news is, the cost of obtaining your own FFL 03 is about the cost of one transfer at a FFL 01 ($30 for three years), so do it once and then you're all set with respect to the relics for awhile!

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I think a shop that offers attractively priced services would have more patrons and more sales than a shop that gouges and overcharges for every little thing. All of us have a favorite go to place to buy goods and services for our lawn mowers, cars, spouses, pet care, hobbies. Personally, I've been in service work for 27 years. When you treat people with treats they come back ! :cool:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I found on average $20 from an independent FFl who does it on the side. $35-$50 from a brick and motor shop.
    This sounds about right according to my experience.

I think the reason brick and mortar shops are higher is because they try to take the incentive out of buying online for a cheaper price and having it shipped then paying the big transfer fees. It's their attempt to try and level the playing field.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think a shop that offers attractively priced services would have more patrons and more sales than a shop that gouges and overcharges for every little thing. All of us have a favorite go to place to buy goods and services for our lawn mowers, cars, spouses, pet care, hobbies. Personally, I've been in service work for 27 years. When you treat people with treats they come back ! :cool:

^Exactly! I'm an unfair example, but I don't pay a dime for my transfers. I have a working relationship with my FFL. I scratch his back and he scratches mine.

The point has been made that in Indiana the FFL transfer prices are strictly determined by the FFL in question. They are in business to make money. Some just try to make a LOT more from each transaction.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    We have a shop here in town that will do them for $15 and another that wants $45:dunno: and the others are $25. That is the price range here in Lafayette anyway.

MJTAA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    LaPorte, IN
    I'm seeing some good prices on the Internet. But, they only ship to FFL addresses.
    What can I expect in tranfer fees from an FFL?
    I'm in NW Indiana (LaPorte) Title I transfers are $40.00, with no charge for NICS. Title II are $150.00, including all paperwork, prints, mailing. Customer furnishes photos. I do charge $25.00 in addition to the transfer, for preparing and routing Multiple Handgun forms.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Buying on the internet you should check the shipping dealers FFL on the FFLeZ check web site to make sure on that end. Had a deal on the internet the sell was trying to use a stolen FFL # as the shipper. FFL will be your cheapest fee if you require insurance on the shippment .Last one I got insured was $223.

Top Bottom