• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My view is if people care about their cats they would keep them in their house. Otherwise you can’t be too upset with whatever happens to said cat.

cats wreak havoc on ecosystems. They have actually caused the extinction of some species. And yes i Live on a farm and I have a barn car. By day cat sleeps on a bed with a shared fan in A cat house in the barn by night she patrols the barn.
    Curious what species cats have made extinct? Im allergic to cats, so im no fan, but this would be a good learning opportunity...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Curious what species cats have made extinct? Im allergic to cats, so im no fan, but this would be a good learning opportunity...
    It was on a feral cat documentary done in Australia. I don’t remember it was some type of lizards and a certain bird if my memory serves me right I watched it a few years ago.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Had to look to make sure I wasn’t crazy you made me doubt myself. Lol now I know this is Australia but if they can cause extinction of multiple species…… I believe if they aren’t causing extinction here they are at the very least causing ALOT of damage to native species

Attachments

• E711F3ED-F145-4494-BFF9-A983B89ABFDF.jpeg
      E711F3ED-F145-4494-BFF9-A983B89ABFDF.jpeg
      394 KB · Views: 9

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Had to look to make sure I wasn’t crazy you made me doubt myself. Lol now I know this is Australia but if they can cause extinction of multiple species…… I believe if they aren’t causing extinction here they are at the very least causing ALOT of damage to native species
    To be fair, birds never stood a chance in australia anyway. I mean, they have spiders the size of dinner plates...

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Feral cats are eliminated around here. I do have neighbors that have cats that I know are fixed and they walk through our place all the time. Cats I don't recognize as neighborhood pets dissappear quickly

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    fair enough.

I guess what bugs me most about feral cats is that the people doing it either don’t care or don’t consider the repercussion. want To save invasive kitty cats at the expense of every other native species.
    We have people all over town that feed the ferals.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    There is a local feral cat that has cost me about $550 in vet bills for my inside Siamese over the last almost two months. Trying to get a nasty ear area wound to heal. I would let the Siamese out in the morning sometimes and the feral attacked him. The feral is a marked man at this point... He will probably have a bad day here soon.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have a few cats that pass through and around my property. They won't let get close to them making me think they're feral but then I don't see them sometimes for a couple weeks at a time. Which makes me wonder if they actually belong to a neighbor that just lets them run free. One of those feral cats, which I haven't seen in about 6 months had a litter in my woods 16 months ago. One of those kittens found her way to my back patio at around 6-8 weeks. Well, my kids seen her and now she's been fixed and lives in our house. She's a good I/O cat.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People drop off kittens around the woods across the street. My dad hears them whining, and goes and finds them then adds them to the many cats he already has until mom says get rid of some. Then he finds a home for them.
    As to a feral cats they get shot because they are just mean and do not get along with the cats we have around here. They start fights and try to kill the domesticated cats my dad has. He won't put up with them.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I believe you. And I believe those people think they are doing a good thing. But I wish they would look at the big picture.
    Agreed. Not sure how common it is in Indiana, but in many urban areas there are "TNR" programs (trap, neuter, and return) in an attempt to manage feral populations. Of course there need to be low-cost spaying clinics in the area so not sure how realistic it is here, but it seems to be catching on in major cities across America

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    As a kid, when out hunting I was taught to relocate feral cats to the other side of the soil. I don't get out to hunt much now and live in town so as long as the cats in the neighborhood stay out of my trash cans, they're allowed to live. The dogs keep them out of the yard for the most part.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We give feral cat scuba diving lessons in river. Had my best friend tell his wife her cat was killed on the road. He hated the cat, he actually took it to work 14 miles away and dumped it. So 6 months later I walk over to his house and his wife’s cat inside in the window. Looked like it went through a meat grinder. I went in and said is that the wife’s cat? He had this look, said his wife said guess who showed up today? And then showed him the cat. About that time his wife came in and I said isn’t that your cat? She said yes it is!!! I said Mark told me it was dead…. She said that’s what he told me also!!!! Then gave him the look…. He looked me and said thanks, while I was cracking up. He spent some days in the dog house for that stunt. Yup, scuba lessons only way to go.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I said this in one of the past cat threads: Do NOT use field tips on your arrows for cats. It doesn't work well. Use a cheap broadhead if you don't want to use a good one but again DO NOT use a field tip. It may end up in the owners yard and not dead under your stand. It was, ah, it would not be good.

Top Bottom