Feds jail their own agent for legally selling guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    No firearm owner is safe

Long story short, fed sells Barrett to a local pd officer, who sells gun to a legal alien off the books at a local gun shop at the behest of the ATF. Fed gets charged for selling gun to a mexican national.

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Impossible. The courts and the the justice system as a whole are infallible. Let him rot in prison and he should never be able to so much as be in a room where the girlfriend of the nephew of a gun owners' brother sneezed. After all, he's a felon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    24 guns a year sounds like a private collector, not a shop. When you approach 50-100 a year, it's dealing. Now, if the feds made it easier to get an FFL, I could see where they could have a leg to stand on. A person selling less than 100 guns a year would have little to no chance to be able to afford a store front as is required for new FFL's currently.

Private collectors don't make a point of making money on their sales. He was buying guns and selling them at a profit. He was even selling them online.

Whether it's 5 guns a year, 24 guns a year, or a thousand guns a year... he was dealing in firearms as a profit-generating enterprise. He may have been a small-time dealer, but he was a dealer nonetheless.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Private collectors don't make a point of making money on their sales. He was buying guns and selling them at a profit. He was even selling them online.

Whether it's 5 guns a year, 24 guns a year, or a thousand guns a year... he was dealing in firearms as a profit-generating enterprise. He may have been a small-time dealer, but he was a dealer nonetheless.

Then there are a few unlicensed dealers on the Indiana gun boards....including INGO.

One particular individual comes to mind.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

:yesway: Now I do not have a problem with somebody selling a gun for more then they paid. But if you are buying for the express purpose of selling for a profit that meets the definition of a dealer.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    24 guns a year sounds like a private collector, not a shop. When you approach 50-100 a year, it's dealing. Now, if the feds made it easier to get an FFL, I could see where they could have a leg to stand on. A person selling less than 100 guns a year would have little to no chance to be able to afford a store front as is required for new FFL's currently.

I tend to agree that 24/year is not really dealer status, but that all depends on who you ask. I bet there are plenty of FFL's that dont do 24 sales a year.

The second part of your comment though... Getting an FFL is quite easy actually, and there is no requirement for a store front. The rumors that it's easier with a storefront or frowned upon without one are just untrue.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I tend to agree that 24/year is not really dealer status, but that all depends on who you ask. I bet there are plenty of FFL's that dont do 24 sales a year.

The second part of your comment though... Getting an FFL is quite easy actually, and there is no requirement for a store front. The rumors that it's easier with a storefront or frowned upon without one are just untrue.

Ever try to get one for home sales? It's incredibly difficult. They check for proper zoning, bars on windows, hours posted, security, environmental impact statement and HOA covenants. So personally, unless I want to have a store front, I cannot hold an FFL. Was this guy in the same situation?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Meister, you might not want your avatar to be a Nazi/white supremacist symbol...or maybe you consciously chose it I dunno, but IMO it could make it a lot harder for any arguments related to liberty to be taken seriously.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Ever try to get one for home sales? It's incredibly difficult. They check for proper zoning, bars on windows, hours posted, security, environmental impact statement and HOA covenants. So personally, unless I want to have a store front, I cannot hold an FFL. Was this guy in the same situation?

Actually booya does have a very good clue. Ask his HOA.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Meister, you might not want your avatar to be a Nazi/white supremacist symbol...or maybe you consciously chose it I dunno, but IMO it could make it a lot harder for any arguments related to liberty to be taken seriously.

Wikipedia was the most expedient.

The Iron Cross (German: Eisernes Kreuz (help·info)) is a cross symbol typically in black with a white or silver outline that originated after 1219 when the Kingdom of Jerusalem granted the Teutonic Order the right to combine the Teutonic Black Cross placed above a silver Cross of Jerusalem.[1]
    The military decoration called the Iron Cross which existed in the Kingdom of Prussia, and later in the German Empire and Third Reich, was established by King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia and first awarded on 10 March 1813 in Breslau (now Wrocław in Poland), during the Napoleonic Wars. The recommissioned Iron Cross was also awarded during the Franco-Prussian War, World War I, and World War II. The Iron Cross was normally a military decoration only, though there were instances of it being awarded to civilians for performing military functions. Two examples of this were civilian test pilots Hanna Reitsch and Melitta Schenk Gräfin von Stauffenberg, who were awarded the Iron Cross 1st Class and 2nd Class respectively for their actions as pilots during World War II.
    The Iron Cross was used as the symbol of the German Army from 1871 to March/April 1918, when it was replaced by a simpler Greek cross. In 1956, the Iron Cross resumed its German military usage, as it became the symbol of the Bundeswehr, the modern German armed forces. The traditional design is black and this design is used on armored vehicles and aircraft. A newer design in blue and silver is used as the emblem in other contexts.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Yes, I have and outside of zoning and HOA everything else you've said is false. Kitchen table FFL's are a dime a dozen and none of the things you mentioned (bars on windows, security system, posted hours... Etc) are required. The only requirement is that you intend to engage in business.

Actually booya does have a very good clue. Ask his HOA.

Rather don't ask them! Or try, they'll likely refuse to speak with you about it :D:D!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You might want to check your History before you ASSUME you know what you are talking of...

The Iron Cross dates back to the 1200's and was NOT used by the Nazi Military, the used a Greek Cross. The Iron Cross was brought back into the German Military Usage around 1956 though...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yes I have had an FFL, home sales...

The rest of your post is rubiish...

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I know it isn't the same as a schwastika, but it is used by white supremacists frequently, and has a negative connotation. Not saying he is a racist at all, just saying that it doesn't look too good.

Back on topic, it is an interesting link, with ties to 2A as well as Fast and Furious. Seems like he should be out on bail, not sitting in prison...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know it isn't the same as a schwastika, but it is used by white supremacists frequently, and has a negative connotation. Not saying he is a racist at all, just saying that it doesn't look too good.

Back on topic, it is an interesting link, with ties to 2A as well as Fast and Furious. Seems like he should be out on bail, not sitting in prison...

Even the swastika had no history of racism or white supremacy until recently. That symbol dates back somewhere around 5,000 years to ancient, bronze-age India. Hitler screwed it all up, like everything else he touched in the long run.

It really ticks me off that these white supremacist groups have taken and corrupted the symbols of my ancestors. The Valknut, Odin's Rune, Life Rune and Mjollnir on one side, and the Shamrock and Celtic Cross on the other.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yes I have had an FFL, home sales...

The rest of your post is rubiish...

Have you tried within the last 6 years? Mine was denied due to zoning.

They also had the above posted requirements on the paperwork when I filed.

Last edited:

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood

I'm sorry that my German heritage upsets you, but my family left long before Hitler came to power. One of my family members brought with them an Iron Cross they earned in combat. I'm proud of my heritage as well as being an American citizen. Where we come from is what makes us what we are today. Racist or white supremacist isn't one of those things.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "You'll get your Iron Cross now, Von Ryan!?!" :popcorn:

(Trevor Howard to Frank Sinatra-"Von Ryan's Express")

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Have you tried within the last 6 years? Mine was denied due to zoning.

They also had the above posted requirements on the paperwork when I filed.

I've done 2 in the last 2 years, other then zoning and HOA all your other "requirements" don't exist. Sure, the app asks about business hours, but there is no mention of window bars or security or having anything posted. Also both applications I used were last updated 7 years ago, so you're memory is off or you used the wrong forms.....

Top Bottom