• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Has anyone use any of the bulk 223 Federal ammo maroon box just like bulk 22lr. Just bought some for $39 for 100. Is that a ok price?

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I have been used to paying at least $0.50/rnd for the boxes of 20. I saw 100 going for $40 at Walmart (it may have been less, more like $36) and was happy as can be. I should have gotten 2 boxes, they are all sold out now.

I can't say with any certainty that it was in fact the ammunition, but my AR-15 got a double feed for the first time ever with Federal 100rnd box.

Usually I use Remington UMC, and never once have I gotten a jam of any sort. Like I said though, it had to happen sometime, maybe it was justcoincidence.

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes wal-mart sells the 100 Federal value packs for 39.99 which would be .399 per round. Which like stated previously is pretty good going rate right now. I'm trying not to spend over .40 p/r for .223

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Was it a double feed or was it a FtE (failure to extract)? because there is a difference.

Pretty sure it was a double feed. The bullet that was in the chamber wasn't spent.

I can't say for sure, I just dropped the mag pulled back the charging handle one fell out, the other stayed in the chamber, I shot and it extracted properly. I wasn't actually firing the gun, a buddy of mine was, I was on the pistol side of the range when it happened. He just came and told me becasue he didn't know how to fix it.

As I stated I never had a double feed or failure to extract before on my AR15 so I am not 100%. I know, makes me look bad lol :dunno:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The said thing is I was shooting a couple weeks ago and the WWB ammo I was using that day was a couple years old but the 20rd box was marked $4.99. Man things change fast now a days.

Top Bottom