• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Ive read through several threads discussing gun oils. I currently use Slip 2000 gun lube and it seems to work fine. What i want to understand is why do people use differnt lubricants for different guns. I use Slip 2000 oil in all of my guns from rifles to pistols and it works fine. Is there that much of a difference? If my guns function just fine with a certain lubricant, could it function better with another? What do you use and why?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The grass is not always greener across the fence. If you have someting that works good for you, the price is right and it is available, then why change?

I have been using Ballistol for a while now. It is not a power cleaner, but it works good enough for me. Spray it on. Let it soak. Wipe it down. Repeat if required. One of the things I like about it is the more you use it the less you need to use it. Second I don't need to use gloves or in a well ventilated area. Third is it works great to clean, lube and preserve wood, leather and plastics.

Vv

boomboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    CLP, force of habit from my military days. Works great for me and Uncle Sam probally spent a couple millon in testing that it was a good all round product. I have a can of Remington spray when I get lazy and want a quick rustproof coating.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Froglube CLP.
    It smells wintergreen-ish, It's safe indoors, and it's Wife approved.
    I've tried ballistol but it had a horrible, rotten scent. I must have gotten a bad can.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    This is what my Dad used from when he was a little boy, to the day he died.

31oil_.jpg

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Lucas oil products sells a gun oil at auto-zone . It's kind'a red and smells like" happy memories".

I mean it , that stuff is great but Hoppes No. 9 will always be the king.

Can I have two bestest??

While I'm in the cleaning neighborhood , Pledge furniture polish makes a wood cleaner in a brown can (extra oils) that will amaze you .:bow:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Ballistol I like better than CLP, but not enough not to use CLP. Ballistol does tend to mess me up (not in a good way) if I get a strong breath of it. Use a little Wilson Combat grease on slide rails & a few other spots.

Top Bottom