• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Shouldn't be a big surprise that commercials are so frequent for this particular series, among others. Think of the SFX expenses required to produce this series. Big bucks, which must be paid for by commercial sponsors in order to recoup their costs.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Read an article years ago that asked the question 'should we kill them and eat them'?
    Would skitters taste like crab or lobster?
    I do have a question ... where did they get all the AK47s in the people's republic of
    Massachusets ??? How come we didn't see more hunting guns?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Season 2 starts this weekend. We're about to watch the last episode of season 1. It's a pretty good series and I'm glad we set the DVR to tape it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am curious as to how they will deal with the ending of the last episode this season.

Not a bad time waster, especially for television.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I don't like how the remaining humans have formed a military to protect them and the majority are unarmed and helpless. I can't believe that everyone in that situation would not find a weapon to defend their family. The survival of the human race is on the line and we are still trying to keep children from becoming "soldiers". Entertaining show but it requires a major suspension of disbelief.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't like how the remaining humans have formed a military to protect them and the majority are unarmed and helpless. I can't believe that everyone in that situation would not find a weapon to defend their family. The survival of the human race is on the line and we are still trying to keep children from becoming "soldiers". Entertaining show but it requires a major suspension of disbelief.

You're right. It's a really interesting premise explored by typical Hollywood bleeding hearts and gun-phobics.

Don't get me wrong, I think in that situation I would also wish to prevent children from having to grow up any faster than necessary, but the situation would clearly dictate an early emphasis on gun training and education.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're right. It's a really interesting premise explored by typical Hollywood bleeding hearts and gun-phobics.

Don't get me wrong, I think in that situation I would also wish to prevent children from having to grow up any faster than necessary, but the situation would clearly dictate an early emphasis on gun training and education.

That was one of my issues as well. My kids all started at 10 with training on firearms usage. Pellet pistols, on to pellet rifles and then .22's. First handgun for both was a BDA .380 Browning that is still in the safe ready for the next batch to learn with. At 14 they were all deadly accurate and on to rifles, then shoty's.
    In this scenario I would think every able body should be armed and dangerous.
    JMHO

Edit...it is still one of my favorite shows.

Last edited:

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I look forward to it, however I find some of the acting a little too forced and like others have mentioned some of the issues I have are that so few actually have weapons, why is it that they formed a malitia unit, where is all the food coming from and why not head out of town into the less populated areas in order to evade and form a plan of attack. And of course I don't want to sound sexist but if you are looking at an extension attack why arent the child baring age women all pregnant? Why doesn't every able body have a weapon including children? It's good entertainment and I like to veg out and watch things like this rather than American idle!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, who is watching Sunday night?

Not me! Let me know when the series ends and the studios actually give the series an ending instead of how they just cut/kill shows off now-a-days after the viewers have invested time in the shows.

Last show I invested time in Terminator: SC chronicals got the axe after season 2 & left us in a clif hanger. ---- that! I vowed after that show to never again watch TV or a show until it's fully done.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Have to agree the argument over training the youngest to shoot was STUPID. What's
    to discuss ? My girls were shooting 22s at 7... I still can't believe there are so few hunting
    guns. A 300 win-mag ought to stop a skitter...

Top Bottom