• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Who in here thinks they can spot a fake compared to an authentic Eotech? You’d be shocked by the quality of a fake anymore. Story behind this. I went on Amazon(just wait) looked up the new EXPS3 on a search and found some. I then looked on eotechs sight for authorized dealers. Learned that optics buddy is a registered dealer through Eotech. Felt pretty safe after this so I ordered one. Received about a week later. After touching, looking through the glass, and toggling between the NV button and not seeing a green dot I was pretty satisfied. Upon turning up the brightness all the way I noticed that you can barely see the holographic sight through the front, which was a concern to me. Since every video I saw said you cannot see it from the front. But they never said at what level of brightness. So my question in here is, can you spot a fake because I need someone who has one to compare mine too. The body of it looks real and feels real. The third photo is of the back turned up all the way. The fourth is from the front of the “Eotech” turned all the way up. Survey says..

Attachments

• 04D1D534-308C-4763-872C-FDB6379B6CBB.jpeg
      04D1D534-308C-4763-872C-FDB6379B6CBB.jpeg
      422.6 KB · Views: 26
    • FAC864A5-4B98-4DAF-B3D0-6ECE88F13D25.jpeg
      FAC864A5-4B98-4DAF-B3D0-6ECE88F13D25.jpeg
      503.3 KB · Views: 26
    • 7B54650D-3F16-47CC-BAD4-B76AD203ABA7.jpeg
      7B54650D-3F16-47CC-BAD4-B76AD203ABA7.jpeg
      423.7 KB · Views: 27
    • DBA419DE-D29F-4746-9EC5-7C24B701B987.jpeg
      DBA419DE-D29F-4746-9EC5-7C24B701B987.jpeg
      310.6 KB · Views: 27

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It looks real to me. Did it come with the box? Do the serials match up? I just looked through mine with it turned all the way up and I cannot see the reticle from the front. I know mine is real cause it came directly from Eotech

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    There is a huge problem of buying from Amazon, even from reputable sellers, Amazon commingles inventory so a purchase from a scammer may just net a genuine article while a purchase from a reputable seller may get you a counterfeit model…
    Well isn’t that just a wonderful thing Amazon does.!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well isn’t that just a wonderful thing Amazon does.!!
    Its partly how they can offer the same/next day shipping. That way Eotech doesnt have to send 10 pcs to each warehouse across the country. Eotech can send to 1, Optics Planet can send to another, Brownells can send some to another, etc. Meaning they dont send, but Amazon can spread them out for the vendors that way if Eotech's go to a CA warehouse, we can still get one "from Eotech" next day from somebody else's shipment that went to the big warehouse down in KY.

Comingling stock is great if everyone is playing by the rules.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I rarely buy from Amazon anymore. I use Amazon for research then look for other retailers. Most times can find the same part for the same or sometimes less. Just takes more effort.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I rarely buy from Amazon anymore. I use Amazon for research then look for other retailers. Most times can find the same part for the same or sometimes less. Just takes more effort.
    I buy cheap things from Amazon, but I wouldn't buy anything important like optics, knives, or other spendy things that are more than likely knock offs.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I buy cheap things from Amazon, but I wouldn't buy anything important like optics, knives, or other spendy things that are more than likely knock offs.
    Same here. Don't buy anything that I have any concern about being counterfeit from Amazon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah if buying from Amazon pay attention to who it is shipped by.

One says shipped by opticsdeals and sold by opticsdeals

The next one may say shipped by Amazon and sold by opticsdeals.
    True. If a reputable company is also shipping, just using Amazon to sell it has a better chance of being legit. Otherwise it may be commingled…

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I got burnt buying a set digital calipers. They were a major brand name, and they weren't cheap. Worked ok for a few months, sentnthem in for repairs...fakes!
    Amazon is full of them....on some high end items, I don’t care about price, buy them from a reputable company.....

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I got burnt buying a set digital calipers. They were a major brand name, and they weren't cheap. Worked ok for a few months, sentnthem in for repairs...fakes!
    Amazon is full of them....on some high end items, I don’t care about price, buy them from a reputable company.....
    I did get an email back stating that the business is a verified Eotech dealership. It was sold by Opticsbuddy also. For what that’s worth.

Last edited:

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Yours isn't mounted so it's easy to see it, but if it was mounted to a gun you'd have to practically lay your head on the picatinny rail to see the reticle. If you look directly into the front of the EOTech you won't see the reticle. If you look through the front at a downward angle or a side angle you won't see the reticle, but if you look through it at a upward angle you will see the reticle.

Mount it then look through the front I bet you won't see the reticle unless you look from a upward angle. I think it's legit this is how mine looks and it came directly from EOTech.

ReverendEK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2022
    Terre Haute
    Yours isn't mounted so it's easy to see it, but if it was mounted to a gun you'd have to practically lay your head on the picatinny rail to see the reticle. If you look directly into the front of the EOTech you won't see the reticle. If you look through the front at a downward angle or a side angle you won't see the reticle, but if you look through it at a upward angle you will see the reticle.

Mount it then look through the front I bet you won't see the reticle unless you look from a upward angle. I think it's legit this is how mine looks and it came directly from EOTech.
    I’m taking this info with me. TY

Top Bottom