• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you read his posts its how his mind works. Love him/hate him no matter it is a fun ride. He will side step/jump over/twist back to the beginning and in the end nothing has changed.

Man if he can not see the differences I quit.
    Tex get my last check and vacation pay ready. I am out.
    This is no trick, or trap, or trolling - I'm just really curious about this.

My question was respectful and straight forward.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I still can't get over the original one from Zionsville being a trophy wife. I would think someone with the money for one of those could have done much better.
    You probably need to look at her bio, she was a corporate exec for a big corporation in Indy, with education and experience in marketing. She was far from the "little woman" that took on the NRA...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okay. Then can you better explain then what is so controversial that causes curiosity?
    Someone tell me that - I honestly have no idea why my question is controversial.

IndyDave said FB gets special protection that INGO doesn't get. I'm curious as to what law protects them but not Reddit, or arfcom, or name any other forum.

I'm not trying to make any point, just after some knowledge.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You probably need to look at her bio, she was a corporate exec for a big corporation in Indy, with education and experience in marketing. She was far from the "little woman" that took on the NRA...
    I know. I find it especially rich given that the bulk of that time was spent doing PR for Monsanto--the company the left loves to hate.

Her concerned mommy spiel is just as contrived as any of professional fiction-generating, particularly given the short time she had been playing mommy.

I will, however, stick with my original position. She isn't that bad on the eyes, especially compared with your run of the mill leftist bulldog zealot but I sure don't see trophy material.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Point out on the doll where President Trump hurt you... Here's some mood music when you are thinking of that great orange god.

That's pretty much it for all who hated Trump, once they get by their crying about mean tweets bull :poop: , it's really hard for them to put a finger on anything.

Economy was cruising along until this fabricated Covid crap.
    Unemployment was at a all time low all across the board.
    GDP was above 4%, something Obama said would never happen again.
    Rebuilt the Military.
    The Abraham Accords brought peace to the Middle East until Ole Joe got in.
    Energy Independence.
    The list goes on and on.

But.... you....know....

Mean Tweets and his brutally honest Facebook posts was what mattered to some, instead of the well being of the country.

But ya know Orange Man BAD.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Someone tell me that - I honestly have no idea why my question it's controversial.

IndyDave said FB gets special protection that INGO doesn't get. I'm curious as to what law protects them but not Reddit, or arfcom, or name any other forum.

I don't think your question is controversial. I'm just trying to decide if it's disingenuous. My understanding of it is that section 230 provides protections for platforms that allow other content creators to publish their own content without the platform provider being responsible for it. INGO is a lot like that because we use the platform to post our content; opinions, news stories, photos, classifieds, etcetera. It is protected by section 230.

However, case law has established when section 230 does not apply, such as when a provider tries to regulate content--not simply moderating behavior on their platform, but sort of curating content. So then in such cases you're acting as a publisher more than simply a platform for people to publish their own content.

The reason this does not apply to INGO should be obvious. INGO is a site for people, primarily to publish their own content. It does not act as a publisher. YouTwitFace tries to straddle the line. It's not so much that there's a special law FOR YouTwitFace. It's that they seem to get away with acting as a publisher.

I've made my own opinions known about this. I'm okay with straight up prohibiting corporations that have a monopoly on a genra of social media, who become a de facto public square and prohibit a particular point of view from being shared on their platform. It's related to 230 because if it's truly a platform, then the content should not be curated. Of course moderating is beside the point if standard type rules apply equally across the board.

Last edited:

Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    I feel like FaceBook is trying to keep relevant. People are already getting tired of it. I only go on mine once a month and I never post anything. So I think they are attacking him because they think it will score them some points, to stroke Zuckerberg's ego, and to stay in the news. The truth is that people are already slowly migrating to other social media venues to pretend their lives are so much better than others until you find out three years that they were in a loveless marriage and that all of the photos of happy couple were to cover for the fact that they were terribly unhappy with each other.... Been there...done that..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I feel like FaceBook is trying to keep relevant. People are already getting tired of it. I only go on mine once a month and I never post anything. So I think they are attacking him because they think it will score them some points, to stroke Zuckerberg's ego, and to stay in the news. The truth is that people are already slowly migrating to other social media venues to pretend their lives are so much better than others until you find out three years that they were in a loveless marriage and that all of the photos of happy couple were to cover for the fact that they were terribly unhappy with each other.... Been there...done that..
    Hey man......all our happy couple photos are exactly that........"HAPPY"

But I see this all the time.

Top Bottom