• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I believe there is other life out there somewhere. The Universe is so vast I have a hard time believing that however we got here, that process wasn't replicated at least a couple more times. I think most of us believe that everything is created somehow, but we cant wrap our minds around how the universe or even how our own planet was really created. Thats why its called faith, because it cant be proven. I believe in God on faith but as someone who also believes everything is created, I wonder where did God come from. Those who laugh and tell me how silly it is to believe in something I cant see or touch I always ask them, how do they explain it all, our existence, where it all came from. Usually they come back with the big bang theory you know, it was all a void except for those few random particles that somehow came together and exploded and blah blah blah, but what they can never explain is where in this vast void of emptiness those particles came from. So I say, so you do have faith....you believe those particles were just there or they were created by some spontaneous miracle and then I say I know how they got there, God put them there. I found years ago this is a subject that is useless to discuss with those of differing opinions because its a never ending argument with no winners.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Intelligent life beyond our own planet cannot be proven nor disproven.
    I assume you mean, with our current level of knowledge? In the hypothetical sense, if we one day explore far enough I would think we could very well find something that would prove the existence of other life (insofar as anything can be "proven" through observation.) Though with how vast the universe is I don't know that we'll ever disprove it.

The theory that an all powerful deity created everything that you see is a theory.

Gravity is a theory. But I ain't jumping off a cliff any time soon. Just sayin'.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    if we one day explore far enough I would think we could very well find something that would prove the existence of other life
    Heck, if we explore enough we find out what most of us were taught about archeology was wrong. Like that the Incas did not build what we were told, that earlier civilizations built it that we know nothing of.

If humans all were gone in an instant, what would be left of our great building achievements opinion 100,000 years? Much less a million years?

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Heck, if we explore enough we find out what most of us were taught about archeology was wrong. Like that the Incas did not build what we were told, that earlier civilizations built it that we know nothing of.

If humans all were gone in an instant, what would be left of our great building achievements opinion 100,000 years? Much less a million years? ACF8F6C5-883F-47E2-8723-A803FA4E043E.jpeg
    Notice the lower stonework at Machu Picchu compared to the stonework above it. ACF8F6C5-883F-47E2-8723-A803FA4E043E.jpeg

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    What's your proposed explanation of the lower stonework?
    That stonework is impressive, but take a look at Pumapunku.
    Whoever did the lower stonework was skilled in advance of whoever did the top.
    Did they run out of blood and sweat and have to cobble the top together to make schedule?
    Union versus scab labor?
    They lost a step somewhere along the way.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I believe that even 1% of a chance is still a chance considering the size of the Universe.
    I also believe that there have been many ages of Intelligent life on Earth.
    Mainly due to the many unexplained things we have found throughout the World.
    We're currently it .
    The Reign of Man will End.

Top Bottom