• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got a Glock 22 and am now considering the purchase of a 9mm conversion barrel. Why? More 9mm in the gun room than anything else. Not to preclude the .40; just add to it the 9mm capability for the sake of flexibility.

So... anyone? I've seen both good and bad from TFL/THR. I ask here because, since you're local, the advice feels more real. ;)

Storm Lake
    Lone Wolf (abundant and less than $100)
    KKM (A bit more expensive.)

From what I've read elsewhere, it sounds like loading from the .40 magazines is a possibility but much greater reliability with the intended 9mm mags. So, G17 for the G22.

Anyone had one? Feeding reliability? Seen 'em at the 1500? Got one to sell? :): More expensive worth it or is LWD just fine?

(I probably won't be able to make the 1500... my youngest is on the autism spectrum (Aspergers) - the wife and I will be at the Autism Conference this weekend.)

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the advice/wisdom/wisecracks. :D

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a lonewolf on order for the 27 9mm conversion on order.

I didn't like wolf logo on the top, so I ordered mine with blindmarked even though the marked was in stock.

I have found that lonewolf has been very helpful everytime I have called them, and have been honest with the status of my order. They seem like friendly guys and from what I've read, they make a good product. I'm hoping all goes well.

From what I've read is that the conversions run more reliable when you replace the .40 extractor with a stock 9mm extractor, which is a pretty cheap fix. I've heard stories of people using the conversion without replacing the extractors without any problems, but generally I understand people get better results with a 9mm extractor. I'm gonna wait and see how the conversion works on a stock 27 slide and go from there.

I'm sure someone on here has actual hands on experience with the conversions, But I can say the guys at lonewolf have been pretty helpful.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Was shooting Friday Night Steel last week and talking to the guy who won the Production Class. He mentioned that he's switched from the Storm Lake to the KKM and was very impressed with it. After watching him shoot, I wanted a KKM barrel too :D

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I like my Lone Wolf. Mine was made a few years back, though, and I think they switched suppliers. Mine is nice, the polishing is a bit funky looking, but it is an accurate barrel. It will jam every once and then, but hasn't in a while now that I think of it. They are worth the cost.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I have no personal experience with Glock aftermarket barrels, but I do spend a lot of time reading the Brian Enos forums. KKM and Bar-sto barrels are a favorite there - these barrels are typically used in highly modified Glocks that compete in Limited and Open USPSA competition. Lone Wolf gets almost no mention - I think that speaks for itself.

Personally, I'd spend the extra $60 and go with the KKM.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have a G22 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel. It has been flawless but I have always used G17 Mags. I never even tried to use G22 Mags for 9mm. I have one of the older LoneWolf conversion barrels I have had it for a little over six years. My LoneWolf barrel droped right in unlike some other after market barrels which should be fitted. The LoneWolf barrel is more accurate than I am so it suits me just fine.

When I first did research years ago for the conversion I read that some people had problems and had to change ejectors for proper function. I never had any function problems so don't know about having to do anything other than drop in the barrel and use G17 Mags.

Last edited:

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I used to have a LW conversion barrel. Worked great for the most part, but very picky on ammo. It would not reliably shoot UMP/Remington factory ammo, no matter what I tried.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got a EFK Firedragon for my G23 (Display Products). I bought it a few years back, somewhere around 02 to 03. It's been almost flawless (there were a few non ammo related FTFd or FTE in the beginning). I always used G19 mags with it (no switching extractor, though). I use mostly Wallyworld cheap ammo. I believe at the time of purchase, it was only around $100... :)

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I have a KKM 9mm in my G22. Ive never had an issue. Before i found 17 mags i tried the 9mm rounds in the G22 mags. the last round wont cycle, but it does work. (not recommended) You just have to make sure you dont mix the mags and barrels up, 9mm will cycle and fire down the .40 tube, and you dont want that.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'm glad to hear the good reports as I've been thinking about getting one for my G22. I know I saw somewhere recently a deal for 10 of the Korean G17 mags for $100. I'll have to think pretty hard on that combo. $200 well spent for some versatility.

Doug K

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is slightly off topic as the original question was about 9mm conversion.

But for the sake of versatility you can always buy a stock Glock .357 Sig barrel (usually cheaper than a 3rd party barrel) and use the .40 Mags to shoot .357 Sig. That is what I did for my G22 (stock .357 barrel and a lone wolf conversion barrel for 9mm) and now I can shoot 3 calibers from it for far less than the price of three separate guns.

I'm just saying...

spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    Well i went shooting today (2-22-09) and i shot about 50 rounds of wwb thru my 27 conv. barrel and part of the rifling came out. I'm gonna call storm lake tomorrow and see what they can do about it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well i went shooting today (2-22-09) and i shot about 50 rounds of wwb thru my 27 conv. barrel and part of the rifling came out. I'm gonna call storm lake tomorrow and see what they can do about it.

Just curious spanky, was this resolved?

Top Bottom