"Everyone is hiring" / "Just get another job" that doesn't require a vaccine.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salary range of open positions/jobs that don't require a vaccine

• 30-40k

Votes: 1 8.3%
    • 40-50k

• 50-60k

• 60-70k

Votes: 3 25.0%
    • 70-80k

Votes: 3 25.0%
    • 80-90k

• 100k+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I see these two statements a lot when vaccine mandates for employees are discussed. What is the salary range for all these jobs that don't have vaccine requirements?

Personally I'd like to see how the vaccine/virus variant situation plays out for another 6-12 months before I make a decision on the vaccine but I also have an employer mandating a vaccine. If it was just me, I may very well be able to call their bluff or simply go somewhere else but when your job provides health care for a diabetic and three children in addition to paying bills it is irresponsible to gamble like that and not simple to jump to another employer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My firm is not requiring vaccinations. I'm not listing the starting pay, but we don't require it of our staff or attorneys, so there is a wide variety of pay levels.

On probably the other end of the spectrum, but son (16) has recently worked at Bob Evans- no vaccine requirement, starting at $11 and is starting to work at Chik-fil-A...about the same pay and, likewise, no vaccination requirement.

If one is in the medical field...no, there will not be a lot of options. I guess we all make our choices.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Money isn‘t everything, I know you’ve heard that already. I know of a job, 60k to start with a 20k bonus after 90 days, no degree required just a CDL. It’s a delivery route at convenience stores in greater cook county.
    Just a heads up, this will likely not be the last time your employer mandates something that goes against your beliefs. I’d be looking for a new employer.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If they can't hire anyone for the job, why does a mandate matter?

And they cannot find anyone to work.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We currently have 3 positions open that would fall in the 60-70k range with proper experience. To be fair we'll probably have a vaccine mandate before the hiring process will be completed but at this moment we have no mandate.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I am just leaving a $50k year job to go to another $50k/year job and I have had 3 offers in the last week after taking the job. None of these places have mandates.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still getting my time wasted with phone screens and interviews and long waits that never result in anything. Haven't gotten far enough to be dismissed on vax grounds. Guess I'm aiming too high? :banana:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A friends son wanted to leave his current employer that is requiring vac to a competitor that was not, but the prospective new employer was requiring of all NEW employees. Just another workaround for requiring...

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I see these two statements a lot when vaccine mandates for employees are discussed. What is the salary range for all these jobs that don't have vaccine requirements?

Personally I'd like to see how the vaccine/virus variant situation plays out for another 6-12 months before I make a decision on the vaccine but I also have an employer mandating a vaccine. If it was just me, I may very well be able to call their bluff or simply go somewhere else but when your job provides health care for a diabetic and three children in addition to paying bills it is irresponsible to gamble like that and not simple to jump to another employer.
    Yes calling the bluff is a necessity and I hope more people do that to help change the course of a free society. Once they get the vax signature, there's no employee rights, workman's comp, etc., if there's adverse effects. IMO the employers receiving money for attacking workers rights will have years of litigation if workers stand up. Heck even a small percentage of civil disobedience would change things.

What I've found is forms to make the employer responsible, and if that doesn't work then file a hostile work environment claim at the unemployment office. If an employee if fired then, it's years for the case and there should be unemployment benefits. These employers are losers for attacking their workforce.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It is tough when a person has to have insurance. But honestly, I see this all as just the start. I don't care what anyone says, vaccines are worthless and will stay worthless. You cannot possibly vaccinate enough people quickly enough to prevent the virus mutating, thus rendering todays vaccine worthless.

The UK has over 80% of population vaccinated and they are having as many deaths, % wise as the USA and we have 52% vaccinated.

"MU" will soon take over and make Delta obsolete.....which means another 85-90 days before a "new" vaccine will be ready.......and the same game will continue.

My thoughts......if you can't beat em, join them......and go buy a fake vac card.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    I don't think asking about your jab status is legal. They can only require something like that if they are directly putting you in harm's way. Ie hepatitis jab for sewer work. Saying this one is required on those same arguments is a very slippery slope to them giving you whatever they please

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Where I work, we hire from ironworker, and operator unions. You'd be hard pressed not to break $70k a year with great benefits if you worked at it. We will not be mandating the "vaccine", but some customers may which could limit what jobs a person would go on.

Last week I stopped by a pharmacy and got an antibody test. The lady said I was loaded with them and was shocked that I hadn't had it more recently than last December. It's a miracle I'm still alive what with a 97% - 99% survival rate.

**On a side note, we've all got to quit calling an mRNA inhibitor a vaccine. Those are two different things.**

Top Bottom