Ever hurt yourself or have any close calls while shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    wasn't a close call but it defiantly was unsettling. at an indoor range in ohio with my brother and my wife came along. i want to state that my wife knows and follows gun safety just had a little bit of a brain fart.

she decided to wear a low cut shirt and as you probably can guess a round bounced off the wall and down her shirt. as she tried to dig it out of her bra, she turned around still holding the gun with her finger on the trigger, pointing it directly at my chest. my brother very calmly says her name and looks at the gun. when she realizes what she was doing, she turns around, puts down the gun, goes to the bathroom, and throws up.

she didnt touch a gun for 6 months after that.

WOW, that is a wild story. The throwing fact shows that she realized what she did as far as rules broken for sure.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Was shooting from a bench next to a friend of mine. and he fired some .22 shots from a 10/22. One shot sounded odd and I felt something heavier then a spent case bounce off my arm. The target was plenty far away, and was a plastic bottle. I was unharmed and we looked around a few minutes. Felt like a whole unfired shell had been ejected and had hit me. Never figured out what it was.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    When me and my buddy were teenagers we found his cousins .44 desert eagle in his work shop, so with safety in mind I pulled the slide back to make sure there wasn't a round in the chamber, of course there was, and the slide slipped in my hand! I could honestly see it happening in slow motion, it was pointed at the fuel tank on the field spray truck to, luckily it only scared us.

Same guy, different day, we were shooting one of his dads semi auto .22s, it was all fancied up like an "assault" rifle, I was zinging off rounds when my buddy sitting to my right started
    Jumping around. Turned out the empties were pelting him in the head and a hot one landed in his ear, he was not happy!

Top Bottom