Ever have a gun change your brand loyalty.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Let me start by saying I was a huge Glock fanboy for many years, a very good friend of mine brought his CZ SP-01 to the range . He told me it was a game changer and although I was skeptical I value his opinion so I gave it a try. It rocked my world and opened my mind to a manufacturer I would never have given a second look to ! It is now about 18 months later and I have never looked back. I still believe Glock makes a great gun , I have just found something I like better. What brand opened your eyes and changed your mind?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't think I have a brand loyalty. When I'm looking at buying a gun I have a specific purpose in mind. Will it be for CC, home defense, range fun, etc? I guess my brand loyalty is whichever quality brand fits that need. I'd only shot a Sig one time, but when I got a new CC gun I went with the P238 because of how it felt in my hand and the reputation of the brand. I'm issued a Glock for my job and I like it just fine too. As long as it's a reputable maker and it fills a role, I'm open for anything.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My first handgun was a Ruger but I was never a Ruger fan boy. After retiring from the Marine Corps the first Tupperware gun I ever fired was a Glock. I liked it so I bought one, but never really a loyal fan. Handguns have come and gone. Then I got a hold of a Walther. Now I am a fan boy - Walther. So before Walther I was not loyal to any brand, now I am loyal to Walther.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    used to be all glock, til i shot a sig. glocks are great guns, it's just that sigs feel so much better to me. i think the deal breaker for me is the finger grooves on the glock, and the transition from the grip to the trigger guard.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I was a walther guy from day 1. Then I started to use a glock for work.
    Then I drank the coolaid at the armorers school.
    I looked at my Walther at home and said - "Can it do xyz like the glock? Nope...."
    So ive been a glock guy now for a while.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have owned and shot most name brands. I have small hands and I had to get grip reductions on most Glk's. Then no one wanted them after. I found XD/XDM fit me like a glove and never looked back, Yes I have a PPS/Shield, but they are single stack and fit, work fine.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Never been brand loyal. With anything. For guns it depends on what type of gun it is and its intended purpose.

Single action revolvers: Ruger
    DA/SA revolvers: S&W
    Semi-auto handguns: Ruger, SA, Colt, S&W, etc. Depends on which caliber and intended purpose. Oh, and for Birds Away and Losey, CZ of course!
    Shotgun: I favor Ithaca, Beretta, Browning, but I like others.
    Rifle: Weatherby, Ruger, CZ

Now that I have typed this I realize it would probably be easier to list what I am NOT a loyal fan of. LOL.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Likewise, I've never truly been brand loyal with very many things... cars, running shoes, guns, etc. I do tend to find myself eventually gravitating back towards what seems to work best, and I do value a manufacturer's reputation when it comes to quality and reliability.

I've certainly got my favorites, as well as those I will doubtfully own again. Thanks to fellow shooters willing to let me try out their guns, my tastes continue to remain broad. I will say the cheapest gun I own (an SR9C) is currently one of my favorites, it's been absolutely perfect, proving that you don't necessarily have to spend a TON of $$ to have a solid weapon. I kind of think we're in a bit of a "golden" age in firearms... there are LOTS of really great choices out there, lots of really good options to choose from.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    In the 22 years I have been actively into guns, I have owned and shot just about every manufacturer out there. Over the years I have had several Sigs, Glocks, S&Ws, Kimbers, HK, Ruger, Colt, Para-Ordanance, Springfield Armory, Beretta, InterArms and Taurus handguns. I have had Mossberg, Remington, Ithaca and Stevens shotguns as well as Savage and Remington bolt guns. In that time I found that certain manufacturers built certain guns for certain purposes better than others, so I guess I am brand loyal to a type of firearm. Glock autos, Ruger revolvers, Mossberg shotguns (best bang for the buck IMHO) and Remington bolt guns. I own 4 AR's of all different flavors and they are all the same. Buy Mil-Spec there and you should get a good rifle.
    I do not buy into the elitist attitude of the $2000-$4000 1911, $2000 AR in 5.56, or $1000 shotgun. For the most part you are buying a name and that's it.
    Buy what works for you and your budget, then learn how to use it. JM2C.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't have much brand loyalty with anything in my life. With guns, I just research until I'm blue in the face. Then I choose the gun that will work best for me.

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I had a Beretta 96D, DAO .40 cal.. I loved it until I had it field stripped in my hands by a L.E.O. Firearms instructor. If that wasn't bad enough while "qualifying" with it the frame racked to the point I couldn't dis-assemble the gun for cleaning. Off to Beretta it went, on the Glock bandwagon I jumped. I still love the look off those Berettas though.

Top Bottom