• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    So, I've noticed this tend to happen to me a lot when I make a purchase and am just curious if it's just me.

As a collector, I am always looking for the best deal possible (and believe everyone should, especially in this economy). That being said I stay on top of available, current pricing from all of the best sources: Armslist, Gunbroker, AuctionArms, here, local stores, BudsGunShop, etc,etc. In fact, I babysit these sources like a 3 month old baby, checking internet sources daily and local shops weekly (at least.) This way, I know full well when I come across a sale whether or not it is a good deal. Of course, everyone has a budget and it always fluctuates due to any number of other variables in life.

I've noticed, that when my budget is LOW at the moment...I come a cross a good deal on ONE particular gun on my shopping list. Knowing that it's a good deal, I do not hesitate to jump on it. After returning home with the new purchase...IT NEVER FAILS...within 24 hours I've encountered numerous other good- UNBELIEVABLE deals...and have spent my available budget just prior....whether or not it a gun that I'd rather have or what have you...the point is that ALL the deals seem to pop up AT ONCE...or AFTER THE FACT......

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    So, I've noticed this tend to happen to me a lot when I make a purchase and am just curious if it's just me.

As a collector, I am always looking for the best deal possible (and believe everyone should, especially in this economy). That being said I stay on top of available, current pricing from all of the best sources: Armslist, Gunbroker, AuctionArms, here, local stores, BudsGunShop, etc,etc. In fact, I babysit these sources like a 3 month old baby, checking internet sources daily and local shops weekly (at least.) This way, I know full well when I come across a sale whether or not it is a good deal. Of course, everyone has a budget and it always fluctuates due to any number of other variables in life.

I've noticed, that when my budget is LOW at the moment...I come a cross a good deal on ONE particular gun on my shopping list. Knowing that it's a good deal, I do not hesitate to jump on it. After returning home with the new purchase...IT NEVER FAILS...within 24 hours I've encountered numerous other good- UNBELIEVABLE deals...and have spent my available budget just prior....whether or not it a gun that I'd rather have or what have you...the point is that ALL the deals seem to pop up AT ONCE...or AFTER THE FACT......

Sounds like life in general to me.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Or you're looking for a particular gun and after waiting a while you decide to buy something else and then BANG there are two of the ones you first wanted available. I thought it was just my normal luck.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yep, its the Murphy's law of gun buying.

I've had the same thing happen a few times in the last few months. Missed a couple deals on Shadows, and a practically NIB Kimber Grand Raptor for 1k was the most painful "miss."

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Or you're looking for a particular gun and after waiting a while you decide to buy something else and then BANG there are two of the ones you first wanted available. I thought it was just my normal luck.

I decided years ago to never settle. I buy what I really want....seems to work out well. :)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    right now with the holidays coming up, paying off my truck (finally), etc...I only had about $400 to spare on any of my shopping list......and a G19 came available, which in itself doesn't happen often for that model...and especially not for $400 or less....so I grabbed it cuz...well, to be honest I'm not a big Glock fan but I do like the mid size frames and have always had several 23's...but never even fired a 19...so it's been one on my list for some time.....anyhow, I come home and find AT LEAST 3 other guns posted the next day that I would have also LOVED to get for around the 400 mark....lol oh well, at least I still got a good deal....just seems so common to have crappy luck

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I remember missing a STEAL on an original Colt Commander...which had ALL the original paperwork, box, etc....even had been sent back to the factory for an inspection/"refurbishment" and a jeweling job.....and had all the factory paperwork to document this..............this gun was SPOTLESS...looked like a true safe queen even with 20+ years of age.......BEAUTIFUL gun $750.....I thought SON of a B**** .....lol

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Once you buy the gun...stop unnecessarily searching for the same type of gun and you won't be dissapointed. Problem solved.

nobody's referencing opportunities for the same gun necessarily.....at least I know I wasn't.....although if someone who wants to own two of the same, probably their favorite gun....that's up to them

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Its like hooking up with a new girlfriend and finding out she has a Smoking HOT Sister.....and Mother. :xmad::n00b:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's a rule

Immediately upon purchasing an item for which you have searched longer than 5 minutes, you will meet somebody with a cousin who could have got it for you wholesale.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Im always in this boat. Except once I get the one gun I end up wanting the next one up or variant. My first M1 Garand led to a second, now a third...... and the fourth is really got me looking

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, sounds like classic Murphys Law to me...You decide to fill up your fuel tank completely, and the next day gas goes down 10 cents.

Top Bottom