• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    It's not always an option. There are people that don't have a lot of prospects for replacing a job and providing for their families. A company should not be able to force someone to choose between that and putting a chemical into their bodies that they do not want.
    The whole argument that it is the business right to require you to take/inject something for you to be employed is BS.
    No one should be placed in a position to have to decide to have a chemical placed in their body or a job. It is just a version of discrimination and control that is "okay" because "it is for the common good" in someone's mind.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No business can "force" an employee to do anything. You leaving is always an option.
    He's right, in theory.
    It's not always an option. There are people that don't have a lot of prospects for replacing a job and providing for their families. A company should not be able to force someone to choose between that and putting a chemical into their bodies that they do not want.
    You're right in everyday life.

The real problem is government abusing their power to force companies to do their dirty work for them.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I sacked up and told the federal government under "President Biden" to (REDACTED) off. I was scared that I'd lose my job but I didn't care. I was NEVER going to take their (REDACTED) jab.

If you value your job over your health... that's on you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I sacked up and told the federal government under "President Biden" to (REDACTED) off. I was scared that I'd lose my job but I didn't care. I was NEVER going to take their (REDACTED) jab.

People value providing for their families over their health all the time. I would never think I was better than they are because of that.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle

People value providing for their families over their health all the time. I would never think I was better than they are because of that.

Look at politicians like Holcomb, Young and pretty much all of them say or do anything to get into office then do whatever it takes to stay there. There are politicians that say they are devout Christian yet support things that go against the teachings they say they believe in or say they are in one of the political parties but do everything the opposite of the party. Why voting sometimes is a crap shoot as politicians will say anything to get into office and the real test is if they will hold the line or be to afraid to.

Imagine if the founding fathers had decided not to put themselves and their families to the test and pursue the declaration of independence to become a new country. They gave up everything and were marked man when they signed the dotted line for something they believed in and thought was right . Not a lot of people could do that today as we are used to our lifestyles and would not want to give that up so are they willing to give up freedoms or principles/beliefs to keep it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The dumbest thing Holcomb did was the lockdowns for so long and lack of common sense. While many companies were shut down, ours stayed open because we were called “essential workers” read up what that was. Garbage. We were essential because we built outdoor picnic tables and benches, how is that essential??? Well because the government bought from us at times to put them in parks, schools and such….so we were “essential”. However the schools were shut down. BUT wear a mask and you could fly all over the country, but can’t eat in a restaurant. 99% of our politicians and leaders proved in a crisis just utterly worthless and stupid they really are. Hard to have any hope for our country anymore. And now an entire woke generation is being raised.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    He's right, in theory.

You're right in everyday life.

The real problem is government abusing their power to force companies to do their dirty work for them.

Yes, and a bigger problem is people freely giving up their rights and rolling over without a fight.

My employer embraced and pushed this mandate and most staff members were all too happy to run to the front of the line. I was the idiot that asked in an open meeting what the exemption process was...you would have thought I had slapped their momma and kicked their puppy. Funny thing though, there are Federal Accommodations in place if you choose to use them. It took a lot of time to research what my rights were and how I had to go about working within the confines of the law that protected them. :twocents:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I really expected the nation to rise up and protest massively when they started shutting down churches. But the "church leaders" and the congregants both rolled over and asked for more.

I still find it hard to try to find a church to attend knowing that they all care much more about worldly approval than the souls of their flock.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    I really expected the nation to rise up and protest massively when they started shutting down churches. But the "church leaders" and the congregants both rolled over and asked for more.

I still find it hard to try to find a church to attend knowing that they all care much more about worldly approval than the souls of their flock.
    When our church accepted the COVID handouts, my tithe was immediately suspended. As a member of the finance committee I knew we saw very little decrease in giving. Masks were mandated for attendees so I just watched online.

I’m trying to forgive, but it really opened my eyes. I to am searching for true bible believing, God fearing church with a fierce independence from and distrust of government.

Top Bottom