• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I know it's not sentencing, but this really angers me.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh, my, a few of the thousands of "convicted felons in possession of a firearm" were actually prosecuted and sentenced!
    The vast majority are just arrested and released.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Oh, my, a few of the thousands of "convicted felons in possession of a firearm" were actually prosecuted and sentenced!
    The vast majority are just arrested and released.
    Yup! I keep looking for these in place like Chicago, but it only happens when there is actually a shooting... and the sentences look like 1/2 the 10/15 years. :(

Far too rare!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What a joke. Actually pleads guilty to the straw purchase. Gun used to kill a cop. Max sentence 5 years. Will do less than 2, probably 1.

The system is broke. We are ****ed people

Don't worry though. The ATF will come to your door when you legitimately buy 2 guns.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    But then you get cases like this woman who purchased 4 firearms that were seized from her prohibited persons husband/boyfriend on THREE separate occasions, including one that involved a shooting... and she gets 6 months. :rolleyes:

“This case demonstrates clearly that those who purchase firearms for others will be held accountable,” said Assistant U.S. Attorney Rachel Ritzer. “This sentence is a step forward in the fight against gun violence in our communities and sends a message to others engaged in the same dangerous behavior that it will not be tolerated.”
    Yeah right.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What a joke. Actually pleads guilty to the straw purchase. Gun used to kill a cop. Max sentence 5 years. Will do less than 2, probably 1.

The system is broke. We are ****ed people

Don't worry though. The ATF will come to your door when you legitimately buy 2 guns.
    To-do list: Make sure Ring battery is fully charged. Go buy two guns from an FFL.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yeah... exactly... my search indicated to me that the Chicago US Attorney's office and the courts in that area are soft on felons with firearms and straw purchasers for known prohibited persons.

Could be confirmation bias... but I think not.
    I think it was last year they busted a guy on iirc 80-90+ cases of straw purchase/trafficing from from IN to IL. Again iirc they let him plead guilty to one count and he got maybe 5 yrs.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Sounds similar but again iirc this was a IN resident who was doing the purchases at gun shops. I maybe confused because what I'm thinking of is similar to this case, but I think it was a single individual in NWI.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Absolutely nothing will change until the soft on crime DA's are gone. If Dems really abhorred "gun violence" they would would work with the feds to ensure every single criminal possessor was sentenced to the max. Since they don't they're showing that they don't want criminals held accountable for "gun violence", they just want to take guns from law abiding citizens. Hypocritical pieces of :poop: .

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Top Bottom