Enemy in the White House: OBAMA WILL RELEASE PICS OF US SOLDIERS "ABUSING" TERRORISTS

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Enemy in the White House: OBAMA WILL RELEASE PICS OF US SOLDIERS "ABUSING" TERRORISTS

Another traitorous attack on behalf of the seditious administration. The military is the enemy.He needs to demonize America's much loved military. Destroy their reputation. It's what the leftists do. It's how they destroy the enemy. DISINFORMATION (Soviets were briliant at this, as are the current EU statist thugs and their tools).

The Mohammedan president is going to gin up his constituency across the world while deploying our troops in a nonsensical military strategy in Afghanistan. Do you see what he is doing? He is going to decimate the military.
    BRING HOME THE TROOPS! Save our boys from a jihad sympathazing. president. I said this is a previous thread -- Obama wants trials. Obama wants to divert attention from his coup on the Constitution. Dear leader wants to control the images, the news you hear. He needs to distract the American people while he destroys America. They do not want tea parties, they do not want cognizance. They do not want you to think about what they are doing. Show trials. It is very much like terrorists who start a fire to distract first responders, so they can set off a bomb somewhere else.
    Obama and his traitors will "start a fire" and hypnotize the American people with torture! cruelty! and put Bushchimphitler policy on trial with a special prosecutor, of course, while they overthrow the constitution, capitalism, freedom of speech, and enact gun control. That is what is happening.
    Insane: Obama Will Release Pictures of US Soldiers "Abusing" Prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan....
    (hat tip Chad)
    WASHINGTON - The Obama administration agreed late Thursday to release dozens of photographs depicting alleged abuse by U.S. personnel during the Bush administration of prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    At least 44 pictures will be released by May 28 -- making public for the first time images of what the military investigated as abuse that took place at facilities other than the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
    Defense Department officials would not say exactly what is contained in the photos, but said they are concerned that the release could incite a backlash in the Middle East.
    The photos, taken from military criminal investigations of abuse, are apparently not as shocking as the photographs from the Abu Ghraib investigation that became a lasting symbol of U.S. mistakes in Iraq.
    But some show military service members intimidating or threatening detainees by pointing weapons at them. Military officers have been court martialed for threatening detainees at gunpoint."This will constitute visual proof that, unlike the Bush administration's claim, the abuse was not confined to Abu Ghraib and was not aberrational," said Amrit Singh, a lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union, which obtained the agreement as part of a long-running legal battle for documents related to Bush-era anti-terror policies.
    The photo release decision comes as President Barack Obama is already trying to quell a drive to investigate Bush-era anti-terror practices. But now the photos and a series of other possible disclosures stemming from the ACLU lawsuit threatens to fuel the already explosive controversy.
    Rest here>>>\
    UPDATE: Also: Obama Administration to Release Detainee Abuse Photos; CIA Agents 'Don't Believe They Have Cover Anymore'...
    Terrible, all of it.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Against the advice of Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, but at the behest of the Obama White House, the Defense Department is prepared to turn over to the American Civil Liberties Union almost four dozen photographs depicting detainee abuse in detention centers in Iraq and Afghanistan. From a Fox News report:

The Bush administration had refused to disclose the images after the ACLU's request made in 2003, claiming that the public disclosure of such evidence would generate outrage and would violate U.S. obligations towards detainees under the Geneva Conventions.

The decision to release images comes on the same day that congressional aides said President Obama resisted pressure from Democrats to investigate Bush-era interrogation techniques, though Obama also has been under fire since last week from Republicans and former Bush advisers for releasing memos from 2002 and 2005 justifying the interrogation techniques used by the CIA.

The ACLU says making public additional images of detainee treatment is critical for helping the public understand the scope and scale of prisoner abuse as well as for holding senior officials accountable for authorizing or permitting such abuse.
    I’m sick and tired of seeing the complete and total abandonment of common sense, truth and accountability in favor of creating the populist outrage necessary to facilitate the implementation of this administration’s contraconstitutional policies and perpetuation of its ideology.

A little more than a month ago, the Democrats sparked populist outrage over about $200 million in AIG bonuses (after having spent more than $1 trillion between the "stimulus" package and appropriations bill), without disclosing their own role in making those bonuses available, in order to advance counterproductive caps on executive pay, unconstitutional ex post facto punitive taxes on bonus compensation, and an unprecedented power grab by the Treasury Department. Now, we see the same people sparking populist outrage over enhanced interrogations and detainee abuse, selectively disclosing memos and photos so as to avoid informing Americans about the effectiveness of our actions, in order to facilitate the implementation of an otherwise unpalatable détente-at-all-costs approach to foreign policy.

In light of the pending release of photos depicting harsh treatment of terrorists, I'd like to re-release some photos here as well. Where is the long-lost outrage with regard to these?

What in the world is it going to take for the ignorant, liberal lawmakers in our midst to understand that we are at WAR with people who want to kill us? The Democrats, on behalf of their far-left supporters, are waging a war of their own -- on the safety and security of the American people, on common sense in general.

Because they have a president elected as a direct result of populist support, they're conducting their war by deliberated inciting populist outrage. Only through outrage and crisis can their policies and plans seem palatable. You saw it with the AIG bonuses, you saw it with the selectively-released CIA memos, and you're going to see it with the detainee photos being released.

Political correctness got us into this financial mess, as it started with banks being forced by the federal government to relax lending standards in an attempt to expand homeownership in the name of perceived "social justice." Because of the increased tax and regulatory burdens now being placed on businesses of all sizes by this administration as a result of the economic crisis, responsible business owners would need to have a screw loose to set up shop in the United States of America.

Now, political correctness is causing us to drop our guard here with regard to national security, as protecting Americans is now lower on the federal government’s priority list than making sure trained jihadists are comfortable. Because of the inevitable prosecution of those who lay their lives on the line, keeping us safe every day, intelligence officials would similarly need to have a screw loose to continue working to protect Americans.

Sadly, we cannot stop Nancy Pelosi from lying through her teeth. We cannot stop the contraconstitutional power-grab. We cannot stop the Democrats' abandonment of common sense. What we can do is steel ourselves. In the case of the detainee photos, we must make sure that Americans put anything they see in proper context. In the case of what is yet to be seen, we need to mobilize for the elections in 2010.

Read more...

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Great post! I would like to add just one thing. To put photos released from detainee abuse investigations into context. No one takes photos of people doing the right thing, it's not news.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This makes me sick. I don't want to ask it again, but I will....

How much more can we take of this crap?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I fear that "many many more" might not yet be enough.

I've beyond had enough. If I could stop them right now I would.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    How soon they forget what happened to Nick Berg :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Fuggin pansy ass libs pretend like nothing every happened and if we act all meek maybe the bad guys will leave us alone :xmad:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    To put photos released from detainee abuse investigations into context.

I hope I'm not the only one who had this thought, but I don't think that detainee abuse is the right thing to do in any context. :stickpoke:

I hope the detainee abuse allegations aren't true. I hope it's a context that make it simply not abuse. This is America, and we're not supposed to be abusing anyone under any circumstances, foreign or domestic. Whether it's cops who won't stop tazing, bro, or military members and their detainees. :patriot:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I hope I'm not the only one who had this thought, but I don't think that detainee abuse is the right thing to do in any context. :stickpoke:

I hope the detainee abuse allegations aren't true. I hope it's a context that make it simply not abuse. This is America, and we're not supposed to be abusing anyone under any circumstances, foreign or domestic. Whether it's cops who won't stop tazing, bro, or military members and their detainees. :patriot:

Agreed, was just about to post something similar. If our soldiers have done nothing wrong, photos of them doing nothing wrong shouldn't be cause for alarm. Anything can be taken out of context, but that shouldn't make us afraid of the truth, it should make us more eager to expose it.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Agreed, was just about to post something similar. If our soldiers have done nothing wrong, photos of them doing nothing wrong shouldn't be cause for alarm. Anything can be taken out of context, but that shouldn't make us afraid of the truth, it should make us more eager to expose it.

The problem with your logic is that you are not qualified to decide whether they did anything wrong or not. Until you have walked a mile in their combat boots or "seen the elephant" or what ever cool euphemism for combat you want to insert SHUT THE HELL UP! There is simply no other apples to make a comparison with. Its often not a matter of "will this save countless lives in the future?" Its a matter of " Will this save MY ass today?" Until you have crossed a point where theory gives way to practice you simply aren't qualified to judge. In a jury of their peers keep in mind you are NOT a peer. All this does is feed an anti US military propaganda machine that sickeningly enough it seems our current administration is becoming a part.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So it's your position that morality applies differently to those in uniform than to those not in uniform? That right and wrong cease to exist, or exist in an altered state, when the person in question is a soldier? Is it your position that government is, in fact, an agent of sanctification?

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I am going to take a stab at this. Our military personnel find themselves in situations that those of us who haven't served can't imagine. Faced with a proposition that at the time seems to have no right answer things are done that wouldn't, we hope, occur in normal conditions. Trying to judge what has occurred when we weren't there, even with pictures, if not always possible. I believe that most of our military try to do what is right and moral but sometimes they make mistakes and those make it easy for the rest of us to Monday morning quarterback.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I am going to take a stab at this. Our military personnel find themselves in situations that those of us who haven't served can't imagine. Faced with a proposition that at the time seems to have no right answer things are done that wouldn't, we hope, occur in normal conditions. Trying to judge what has occurred when we weren't there, even with pictures, if not always possible. I believe that most of our military try to do what is right and moral but sometimes they make mistakes and those make it easy for the rest of us to Monday morning quarterback.

Thank you.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    So if BO has his way, The terrorist will be kinder to us because they will have no fear of being captured by us????? We will treat them better then we treat our own.

Will they stop beheaded their INNOCENT captives then, dismember their bodies and display them for all to see??? Or does it mean they will just use a sharper knife next time?? Give me a break. We live in very different times now. People who behead their wives, because they have been disrespected by them, don't understand a strong talking to. You cannot talk things through!!!. By all means, go and try. They will be happy to show you just how right I am.

And this is not the first time the US has used "torture". It's just the first time people have their heads so far up their own a$$, and have such a hatered for their own country, that it is actually being reported

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

That's fair, but at the same time it's no reason to be afraid of the truth. America is supposed to be an open society, and secrecy merely fuels the imagination. Anything that can be explained should be explained. If the audience is unable to understand the explanation due to their own biases, that is a fault of the audience, not of the truth.

It does not do the military any good to pretend that they are the "adults" and their countrymen are "children" who must be protected from the bogeyman. You do not encourage critical thinking by preventing its onset; you encourage it by forcing people to grapple with realities that may not be present in their everyday lives. The attitude that all this must be kept secret lest the "children" get the wrong idea does more damage to the way the military is perceived than the truth will ever do.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I guess my biggest concern is that so many of our fellow citizens do react like children and will eat whatever the government decides to feed them regarding what they want the "truth" to be. When people are open to other opinions and educate themselves to try to seek out the truth it is fine. Just seems like there are a lot of people who don't do that.

Top Bottom