Employer to require COVID-19 Vaccine by Aug 15th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I would contact these people.
    FORCED TO GET THE COVID VACCINE? ICAN MAY BE ABLE TO HELP
    Informed Consent Action Network’s legal team is offering to help individuals challenge employers or schools that are requiring COVID vaccinations.

If you or anyone you know is being required by an employer or school to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, ICAN is offering to support legal action on your behalf to challenge the requirement.

In order to obtain this potential legal assistance, email ICAN at freedom@icandecide.org and provide a copy of the written notice from your school or employer stating that the COVID-19 vaccine is required.

• Informed Consent Action Network
    • 2025 Guadalupe Street,
    • Suite 260 Austin,
    • Texas 78705
    • 512-522-8739

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I find it somewhat disturbing that many of the same lawmakers who worked to strip the governor of his emergency powers (rightfully so), now want the governor to step in and stop the IU policy.

I don't agree with the school's vaccine requirement, but I don't think crying to Holcomb and asking him to stop it is a good approach either.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been out of the work force for a lot of years so I know things have changed but if you don't want to get a shot look for another job. If you look out of state just make sure you are not going to a state that allows the job to mandate you get a shot. Just remember if you don't get the shot you will be let go for a different reason and the odds of you fighting it are zero to next to none, been there done that.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    My employer announced this morning that the COVID-19 vaccine will be required for employees beginning Aug 15th.

Any of you legal types have thoughts on whether there's any basis for legal action?
    This was posted by Robert Barnes on VivaBarnesLaw.Locals.com:

“Vaccine Mandate Employee Letter Example
    No authorship claim or copyright asserted...this letter just came to me in a bottle, and I have no idea who might have penned it, nor can I possibly vouch for it, and what you fine folks do with it is entirely in your own hands, as the Gentlemen of the Bar remind me I can proffer no legal advice in the matter, and do not so here...

Dear Boss,

Compelling any employee to take any current Covid-19 vaccine violates federal and state law.

First, federal law prohibits any mandate of the Covid-19 vaccines as unlicensed, emergency-use-authorization-only vaccines. Subsection bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(III) of section 360 of Title 21 of the United States Code, otherwise known as the Emergency Use Authorization section of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, demands that everyone give employees the "option to accept or refuse administration" of the Covid-19 vaccine. (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/360bbb-3 ) This right to refuse emergency, experimental vaccines, such as the Covid-19 vaccine, implements the internationally agreed legal requirement of Informed Consent established in the Nuremberg Code of 1947. (http://www.cirp.org/library/ethics/nuremberg/ ). As the Nuremberg Code established, every person must "be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision" for any medical experimental drug, as the Covid-19 vaccine currently is. The Nuremberg Code prohibited even the military from requiring such experimental vaccines. (Doe #1 v. Rumsfeld, 297 F.Supp.2d 119 (D.D.C. 2003).

Secondly, demanding employees divulge their personal medical information invades their protected right to privacy, and discriminates against them based on their perceived medical status, in contravention of the Americans with Disabilities Act. (42 USC §12112(a).)

Third, conditioning continued employment upon participating in a medical experiment and demanding disclosure of private, personal medical information, may also create employer liability under other federal and state laws, including HIPAA, FMLA, and applicable state tort law principles, including torts prohibiting and proscribing invasions of privacy and battery. Indeed, any employer mandating a vaccine is liable to their employee for any adverse event suffered by that employee. (https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#vaccine ). The CDC records reports of the adverse events already reported to date concerning the current Covid-19 vaccine.(https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vaers.html )

With Regards,

Employee of the Year”

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This was posted by Robert Barnes on VivaBarnesLaw.Locals.com:

“Vaccine Mandate Employee Letter Example
    No authorship claim or copyright asserted...this letter just came to me in a bottle, and I have no idea who might have penned it, nor can I possibly vouch for it, and what you fine folks do with it is entirely in your own hands, as the Gentlemen of the Bar remind me I can proffer no legal advice in the matter, and do not so here...

Dear Boss,

Compelling any employee to take any current Covid-19 vaccine violates federal and state law.

First, federal law prohibits any mandate of the Covid-19 vaccines as unlicensed, emergency-use-authorization-only vaccines. Subsection bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(III) of section 360 of Title 21 of the United States Code, otherwise known as the Emergency Use Authorization section of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, demands that everyone give employees the "option to accept or refuse administration" of the Covid-19 vaccine. (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/21/360bbb-3 ) This right to refuse emergency, experimental vaccines, such as the Covid-19 vaccine, implements the internationally agreed legal requirement of Informed Consent established in the Nuremberg Code of 1947. (http://www.cirp.org/library/ethics/nuremberg/ ). As the Nuremberg Code established, every person must "be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision" for any medical experimental drug, as the Covid-19 vaccine currently is. The Nuremberg Code prohibited even the military from requiring such experimental vaccines. (Doe #1 v. Rumsfeld, 297 F.Supp.2d 119 (D.D.C. 2003).

Secondly, demanding employees divulge their personal medical information invades their protected right to privacy, and discriminates against them based on their perceived medical status, in contravention of the Americans with Disabilities Act. (42 USC §12112(a).)

Third, conditioning continued employment upon participating in a medical experiment and demanding disclosure of private, personal medical information, may also create employer liability under other federal and state laws, including HIPAA, FMLA, and applicable state tort law principles, including torts prohibiting and proscribing invasions of privacy and battery. Indeed, any employer mandating a vaccine is liable to their employee for any adverse event suffered by that employee. (https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/faqs#vaccine ). The CDC records reports of the adverse events already reported to date concerning the current Covid-19 vaccine.(https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/vaers.html )

With Regards,

Employee of the Year”
    I agree that no one should be forced to be vaccinated.

But that doesn't mean that it is illegal to make it a condition of employment. I don't agree with the policy, but nothing I saw in that letter leads me to believe that it cannot be a condition of employment.

I think whoever wants to should feel free to try using the letter...though no one should read this as an endorsement of its accuracy.

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I agree that no one should be forced to be vaccinated.

But that doesn't mean that it is illegal to make it a condition of employment. I don't agree with the policy, but nothing I saw in that letter leads me to believe that it cannot be a condition of employment.

I think whoever wants to should feel free to try using the letter...though no one should read this as an endorsement of its accuracy.
    Unless the majority of employees agree to use the letter or one like it (and I’m betting the ones that are already vaccinated won’t), threatening your employer over a policy might not work out too well.

HR to senior staff: “We’ve got 190 people who’ve agreed to our policy for a safe workplace and 10 who haven’t. We’ll let those 10 go and hire replacements who’ll agree with the policy.”

Not saying it’s fair or supportive of the anti-vaxers, but it’s probably what they’ll do.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    HR to senior staff: “We’ve got 190 people who’ve agreed to our policy for a safe workplace and 10 who haven’t. We’ll let those 10 go and hire replacements who’ll agree with the policy.”

“We’ll let those 10 go and then push their work onto someone else”

fixed it for you

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    True, that’s possible, but I’ve seen a lot more cases where the employee is a legend in his own mind rather than reality.

Well, we weren't talking about 1.
    We were talking about 10.
    And if you're running minimum crews, someone gets hurt, someone goes on vacation (cause that happens), and then you take out 10.
    I've seen that happen. And millions of dollars of lost production.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Here is something i found today some here may be interested in this news!!!!!

Top Bottom