• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    My wife's job requires her to confront potentially dangerous people such as thieving meth-heads. Yet her employer will not let her have anything for self protection on premises, not even mace. She has her carry license. We have considered getting her a very small, deep carry option for at work. If SHTF and its her life on the line, we are fine with her loosing her job to save her life. We honestly can not fathom why she is not allowed to carry at work when joe public can carry concealed all they want in the building.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Any tips on what to do with a concealed weapon when you get to work and work doesn't allow weapons? I'm not looking to start breaking into cars looking for guns, I just want some simple tips or tricks. Thanks for your help from a newbie. :rules:

1. Keep it concealed
    2. Keep your mouth (and keyboard) shut about it

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I would just leave it in your car/truck and not advertise to ANY co-workers that you have it in your car/truck. In fact I rarely engage in "gun conversations" at work, because people are nosy, then they start wanting to know what all you own.

This. Leave it well-concealed in your locked car and NEVER discuss anything related to guns with ANYONE at work. As long as you fully comprehend the words in CAPS, you will have no problem. As for while you are in the building, there are other ways to protect yourself that are nearly impossible for anyone to discern. You'd be amazed how quickly you can kill a man with 5ft of fishing line.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I take my EDC off my hip and place into unlocked glove box still in the holster for the drive into work. When I get out to enter the building I lock the glove box and the car. When I leave I simply reverse the process, strapping back on when I get out.

It's not a secure lot but not really public either. I'm not too concerned about break ins. The toughest part for me is remembering not to check INGO on the company computer.

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Lock it up in your car and don't ask/don't tell. The only way that I would carry at work in violation of employer rules would be if it were a low-paying job working nights at a liquor store or something comparable where the odds of getting robbed or worse were pretty significant. If that's the case, then yeah, if I get fired, big deal. But, if you have a career position that you value, follow the rules.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I'm fortunate, EVERYONE I work with has a LTCH . We all carry , and have our guns at work. Nice deal. This is all I'm saying.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    If your going to have it thats your buisness but let me add. IF you do tell anyone you carry one they will rat you out in a heartbeat if they get into trouble for anything....even if it has nothing to do with you just to try to get Dad off their case!

Discretion is your friend and trust no one!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Always keep your firearms to yourself unless you must do otherwise. Unless you are OCi'ng of COURSE!!!

But seriously, if the objective is to run under the wire then do it and stay there. Not doing so can bring trouble.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My employer did not allow guns on their property. That included the parking lot as they owned it and provided free parking. So a no brainer, I left it at home.

Last edited:

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    If you don't have to worry about your employer searching your vehicle I would say a vehicle safe is the way to go. If they may search I would have it stored in a secret compartment that only you know where and how to access it.

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

mx866

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    It is ALWAYS better to shop around locally. Support local business, buy local before you EVER buy on the internet. Ask if they can match the price before you buy online. Consider shipping, and maybe a few extra dollars spent to support the local economy and local jobs! :twocents:

That being covered, shopping around online to see what there is. Read reviews, and maybe have a better understanding of what you're looking to purchase may help you better locate the place locally to purchase that said item. :welcome::ingo:

While I'm posting, sort of on subject. I need to look into a car safe. Don't carry yet, but I will feel much better getting out of the car to go into work and leaving the gun in the car with a car vault. Quite a bit harder to break my window and walk off with a gun when its in a safe secured to the vehicle. :@ya:

I second this!! Use the internet for research but support your local dealer!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Many firearms are stolen from vehicles. It's not a rare [FONT=&quot]occurrence[/FONT].

IF the OP decides to leave it in the vehicle, I'd suggesting securing it in some manner (OTHER, than simply locking the car).

Take a look at the following poll thread. Of the 71 respondents that sometimes keep a gun in a vehicle, 17 have had a firearm stolen - about 24%.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...728-ever_had_a_gun_stolen_from_a_vehicle.html

Routinely leaving an unsecured firearm in a vehicle is, imho, unprofessional and irresponsible.

I completely disagree with your analysis! You may have your opinion - I have mine.

This "poll" gives very misleading statistics, first the poll is titled "Have you ever had a gun stolen from a vehicle". Most people seeing the title would not respond to the poll if they had not had a gun stolen! I certainly had not responded and have often left a firearm in my vehicle.

Second, most people never have had their vehicle broken into, when it does happen it normally is at night in a dark area or because it has a valuable item exposed in plain view, like a purse, cellphone, laptop etc. I would never subscribe to leaving a firearm (or any other valuable item) where it could be seen. Therefore it is only at risk if the car is randomly chosen. If in a firearm is in a decent hiding spot - under the seat - between the cushions etc, odds are it would never be found, as most auto break-ins are smash and grab.

The Op was discussing the situation as "at work" so obviously the car would be parked in a parking lot. Actually don't know much about the "Vaults", but don't know how you could bolt one into many of today's cars without it being visible - I would imagine that would make the car more of a target than a hidden firearm. I also doubt an experienced car thief would have any trouble separating the "Vault" (with the gun) from the car and leaving!
    I did recommend that he buy a cheap firearm for the purpose. Like a Cobra, Jennings etc. $150 firearm. That in my opinion is a far better choice than carrying into work and being fired!

Top Bottom