• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Supposedly the Green Party is ticked she is doing this.

this is nothing more than a Jill stein opportunity to raise money for herself. She already said she may not use all funds for the recount and will keep any extra

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan Supreme Court to hear AG case on Monday to terminate the recount on grounds Stein is not an aggrieved party.

It appears that 5/7 were appointed by a Republican Governer. Don't know if that means anything.

Michigan SCJ List MSC Justices

From Balletopedia:

Justice Stephen Markman1999-2021Gov. John Engler
    Justice Brian Zahra2011-2023Gov. Rick Snyder
    Justice David Viviano2013-2017Gov. Rick Snyder (R)
    Chief Justice Robert P. Young, Jr.1999-2019Gov. John Engler (R)
    Justice Bridget Mary McCormack2013-2021Elected
    Justice Richard Bernstein2015-2023Elected
    Justice Joan Larsen2015-2017Gov. Rick Snyder (R)
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I hope and think that States will revisit their criteria and laws about recounts after this.

Maybe i need to write my state reps and have them look into this.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    IMO, if the requestor meets the legal criteria ($ to cover expenses, filing deadline) then the recount should go forward. No additional justification needed.

Really, I'd like to see some double-random recounts like many organizations do with drug testing:
    Every precinct is included in a random drawing for a possible recount. Some portion of those chosen are then actually recounted and the results compared.

Limits cost, improves reliability and confidence in the results.

For all the whining I heard on the radio driving home from Thanksgiving, I would expect the recounted results to AFFIRM the initial results.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Thought I heard on the radio this afternoon that the Michigan recount had been denied because the Green Party has "no standing" (less than one percent of the vote) and a recount can't possibly change the result for them - and it's too late for the Dems to act because the deadline was last Wednesday.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thought I heard on the radio this afternoon that the Michigan recount had been denied because the Green Party has "no standing" (less than one percent of the vote) and a recount can't possibly change the result for them - and it's too late for the Dems to act because the deadline was last Wednesday.

The Election Committee deadlocked at 2-2 along party lines which means a MI recount is a go unless there is court intervention....see my previous post for info on that and where I think it could be headed.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

EDIT: Got it from an even more reliable source than the radio - Facebook:
    [h=5]Richard Raphael[/h]8 hrs

This just in. Driving back from lunch here on Michigan, listening to news on the radio. Stein's recall count was stopped before it had a chance to start. Ruling is one has to be an aggrieved party to initiate a recount and since she got next to nothing for votes, she doesn't qualify. Only Hillary could have done so and now it's too late as the deadline to file was last Wednesday.

So I not only got the source wrong, I got the rationale wrong, too. Good Job, Blackhawk! Almost as good as CNN.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So, let me get this straight.
    When Trump says "I'll keep you in suspense" after having been asked during the third debate whether he'd accept the results of the election, he was ridiculed by Dems and the media alike (but I repeat myself), but when this Green party crackpot, joined by HRC engage in this ludicrous and futile charade to see if they can delegitimize Trump, that's perfectly acceptable...right?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    So, let me get this straight.
    When Trump says "I'll keep you in suspense" after having been asked during the third debate whether he'd accept the results of the election, he was ridiculed by Dems and the media alike (but I repeat myself), but when this Green party crackpot, joined by HRC engage in this ludicrous and futile charade to see if they can delegitimize Trump, that's perfectly acceptable...right?

To them it is. The media, the candidates, and all of their followers still believe they won the election. The media had them believing that there was no way that Trump would ever become president. 3 days before the polls opened, WNDU was even broadcasting that Hillary already had enough electorial votes to become president.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This is how I heard it explained; if the recount doesn't finish in time, the vote can't be certified and that state's electoral votes don't get included in the final count. It's an attempt to get Trump's total EC # below 270. The Dems can then say he didn't win the EC nor the popular vote therefore making him an illegitimate president

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When the big money behind this loses interest and moves on, the game will fold. In the mean time somebody is getting paid well to trade on unrealistic hopes.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I agree with HOP it is to get the ECs from those states out of the count. And knock him down below the 270. Hillary will be able to say it was not her fault there was a recount to save face as she steals the election.

Top Bottom