• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Andy, are any of these on a Trust?

I was in Huntington at the dealer I use yesterday, they have had the 2 day to 4 weeks now for a bit, but none of them are on a Trust. What Trusts are coming in with them are at 4-6 months.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I do like to see how fast they're going, but I'm still waiting on one from 3/17/23 :faint: Almost going to have a birthday
    I have a theory, so hear me out.

About three months ago, I think they upgraded their computer system. Before then, you got an efile with an auditor's signature on it. Now, we're getting these "Authorized NFA Division Official" rubber stamps. No auditor's name, no signature, nothing. I think... (therefore I'm dangerous).... I believe they're running these with total autonomy now so auditors aren't seeing the forms. They run them like a 4473 with a little delay.

My hypothesis - the 8-45 day approval times are due to an upgrade in the system and removal of the human aspect. I've heard two hours from reports online, I've heard two day approvals online too but eight days is a record for me. I hope this continues because it makes everyone happy... and I don't have to buy another safe to warehouse 500 suppressors for a year.

Unfortunately everyone that got forms in before the changeover is in NFA limbo right now. They're on the old system and they're running on the old approval time frames. I'm sorry for everyone that has things in NFA jail right now but I've seen new submissions trigger approvals for the zombie submissions, so there is hope.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    No. But honestly, why do people do trusts these days anyway? They nerf'd them back in 2018 and took away all the advantages.
    I accidentally clicked add all during a SilencerShop Black Friday event...not even kidding...could've saved myself $25 but I was too excited for a free stamp and some delicious Black Friday deals...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No. But honestly, why do people do trusts these days anyway? They nerf'd them back in 2018 and took away all the advantages.
    Yea, ATF 41F

The plus for us is, with my sons turning 21 is, any of us four can have and use them, Take them where its legal to do so. Pre 41F is easier for sure.
    And all can buy and stack them on one of the Trusts. My bro and I are getting up in age and it also make the end easier for those on the Trust.
    I just F'ed up and we started to add Thing 2 as another Trustee ( The one you know) to a Trust, he hasn't been home much in the last 6 years now.
    We filled out the Trust Addendum to Add and I was told he didn't have to do the kiosk until he was buying an NFA on that Trust.
    So we didn't bother with going to Huntington to do so.
    So fast forward I ordered two more cans on that Trust and BAM, We find out he needs to finish with pic, prints and all that.
    So hes in Jordan and we thought he was coming home in 4 weeks from now. He told me last night his class is going strait to Iraq now so it will be 5? months until hes home. LOL
    Hopefully they will have somewhere for him to do a set of digitalis on a base or the our Embassy for him to get them done. If not it will be awhile with this order.

Would I not loose some of the benefits of a Trust without using a Trust?

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Andy, are any of these on a Trust?

I was in Huntington at the dealer I use yesterday, they have had the 2 day to 4 weeks now for a bit, but none of them are on a Trust. What Trusts are coming in with them are at 4-6 months.
    What place in Huntington?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did you sacrifice a dog to the ATF/FBI or what?
    If anyone needs a speedier approval, I've got immediate access to two annoying weiner dogs across the street that bark for hours at nothing I'll sell cheap hell, those yapply MFers I'll GIVE away for my own peace and quiet.

I can probably also scrounge up another half dozen for cheap due to the a**hats that like to let their dogs roam. (almost daily reports on FB of loose dogs roaming)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom