• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I saw that our own friends at 21st Century Firearms posted the following status this morning (Facebook link) (photo below).

My understanding was that a NICS check defaults to allowing the purchase unless the check came back assertively to deny the sale—i.e., in the absence of a specific denial, the purchase would go through. Have I been wrong all along in my understanding of the check system?

If my understanding is correct, shouldn't we expect it to be easier to buy a gun during the shutdown, since there is a reduced ability by the government to deny purchases?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good question...I thought it left it up to the FFL to make the call if the NICS didn't. But I'm not sure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    IN
    While the store is great and the folks there are great at customer service, they do tend to be overly dramatic when it comes to political issues.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    FWIW I bought a shotgun yesterday and it was possibly the quickest transaction I've had of all my firearms purchases.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Since the initial posting of this thread, we've called in dozens. Not one automated recording loop to reach a real live person, not one prerecorded message being "on hold" between call center worker and NICS examiner, not one delay... no slow down whatsoever.
    Just fyi.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    IN
    If it bothers you, don't shop there
    Hmmm. Yep. Checked my comment and I never said it bothered me. I do continue to shop there because of the POSITIVE aspects I mentioned. They are allowed to be as politically canted as any of us. I certainly wouldn't judge an individual or business as a whole on one statement. The fact remains that many of their Facebook postings regarding politics are not based on facts. It would be nice if the individuals would keep their opinions on their personal sites and keep a professional face to their business, more like Hillside Shooting's site. Their choice. Freedom rocks. Just my opinion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    IN
    I hope you mean *actual* "freedom" and not the store in Fort Wayne. :):
    Actual, lol. I have been to "that" store. Seemed nice enough but pricing was high compared to 21st and others. One of the gents, a retired officer, was helpful while another guy acted like he would rather be somewhere else.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Then I'm guessing you're not:
    • super young
    • super old
    • in a wheelchair (or in some other way disabled)
    • have boobies

I'm taking it that it's not the boobs...seeing he has joe for a username, and he apparently smiles after exploding from his fission...just saying.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2013
    IN
    I take it those fitting that description are treated differently there? My wife and I were trying to help a friend of hers make a firearm selection for home defense. I know they both had the boobies category covered. I don't fit any of the categories though. It was our first and only time in that store.

Top Bottom