• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    2009 Withholding Calculator

go to this tax calculator and compare your income, deductions, child tax credits, etc and then calculate it again at different incomes. For example I did one single, no children, no deductions with an income of $50k a year. That tax burden was $5956 a year. I then did the same thing changing only to married, filing jointly and 3 children for child tax credits. That burden is $0.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Or better yet, let's do away with marriage and child tax credits. I'm married and have 1 child but I don't let that cloud what's wrong or right.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    here's my plan. i am going to get my wife pregnant, then divorce her. she then lives with me but claims she doesnt know who the father is and quits her job. as a single mother with no income and a ton of student debt, she and the child will qualify for medicaid and we get back just a little bit. lmao

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Come on we all know the tax system isn't fair, never has been, never will be.

Just remember that line when those paying the bill finally get fed up ang go Galt. Would we allow a system that charges a different percentage of tax based on color, heighth or sex? Why should our government be in the business of penalizing or subsidizing legal behavior. They can't pass laws requiring their desired outcomes so they use the carrot and stick approach. They can't pass national seatbelt laws so they withhold funding from states that refuse. Our federal government has turned us into a bunch of addicts and use that to manipulate us into submission.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just remember that line when those paying the bill finally get fed up ang go Galt. Would we allow a system that charges a different percentage of tax based on color, heighth or sex? Why should our government be in the business of penalizing or subsidizing legal behavior. They can't pass laws requiring their desired outcomes so they use the carrot and stick approach. They can't pass national seatbelt laws so they withhold funding from states that refuse. Our federal government has turned us into a bunch of addicts and use that to manipulate us into submission.

Precisely.

The depredations are numerous and irrefutable.

The income tax is heinous, and was fully unconstitutional before the 16th Amendment (no comment on its dubious passage).

The question, friends, is what is an upstanding Joe to do about it? Or, better yet, what are tens of millions of upstanding Joes to do about it?

I like the idea of going Galt, but my input isn't valuable enough to protect me from a life in a hole if I withdraw alone; I'm guessing we're mostly in that same boat.

Where's Midas Mulligan when you need him?

Maybe in Parhump running FrontSight? :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    is there a third world country we can easily take over and rename it Galt's Gulch?

Precisely.

The depredations are numerous and irrefutable.

The income tax is heinous, and was fully unconstitutional before the 16th Amendment (no comment on its dubious passage).

The question, friends, is what is an upstanding Joe to do about it? Or, better yet, what are tens of millions of upstanding Joes to do about it?

I like the idea of going Galt, but my input isn't valuable enough to protect me from a life in a hole if I withdraw alone; I'm guessing we're mostly in that same boat.

Where's Midas Mulligan when you need him?

Maybe in Parhump running FrontSight? :):

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    The only error in your logic is you are only factoring in a limited scope of taxes.

I also am married with one child but recognize the (WORKING) family of four pays a helluva lot more tax overall when factoring in grocery bills, clothing, fuel expenditures, food and beverage, entertainment etc.

Now a NON-WORKING welfare family of four are the ones getting the true free skate because all of the above is given to them rather than bought and paid for with tax added.

:xmad:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The only error in your logic is you are only factoring in a limited scope of taxes.

I also am married with one child but recognize the (WORKING) family of four pays a helluva lot more tax overall when factoring in grocery bills, clothing, fuel expenditures, food and beverage, entertainment etc.

Now a NON-WORKING welfare family of four are the ones getting the true free skate because all of the above is given to them rather than bought and paid for with tax added.

:xmad:

Your point isn't valid unless the single guy making the same money is saving more money. Otherwise he's still spending the same amount of money to pay sales taxes. Instead of spending it on groceries, he's spending it on boats, motorcycles, new cars, etc. Besides, sales taxes contibute nothing to the $34k that the federal government is spending per household. The distance one commutes is just as much of a factor on fuel consumtion as the number in a household. 2 people making the same income should pay the same amount of taxes period. I don't care if you are single with no children or have 10 wives and 50 kids. That is your choice and your responsibility.

Top Bottom