• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    My mother-in-law came up the other day (she lives next door:rolleyes:) and gave me this revolver .She said it was her fathers and wanted me to have it. Any way I was wondering if anyone here could tell me about it . The only markings on it are on top of the barrel and all it says is Eastern Arms Co. no other markings except for the serial #. Any help would be great. And no I never plan on shooting it.
    Eastern20Arms20Co_20Hand20Gun20003.jpg

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Eastern Arms shotguns were made by Stevens. That revolver was probably made by H+R or Iver Johnson. The grip and hammer area looks a little diff than the H+R tho but you never know. Looks to be in pretty good shape....if it's tight I wouldn't have a problem shooting it myself.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It looks like it is either .32 S&W or .38 S&W calibre. They are both low pressure rounds, in factory loadings, because there are so many top-break revolvers out there. It is probably safe to shoot.

SAFETY NOTICE!!! The firing pin rests against the primer when the hammer is down as evidenced by the picture you posted. DO NOT let this gun have a cartridge under the hammer when you close the action. ALWAYS close the action with an empty chamber under the hammer. Closing it briskly with a cartridge under the hammer could set the round off. Also, any blow to the hammer while it is resting against the primer of a cartridge could set the round off. Please don't shoot yourself!

Doug

Top Bottom