• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Normally I find myself looking for a range that I can fire both rifles and pistols on. As it turned out, this past Saturday I was only looking for a bit of range time on my pistol. I decided to roll the dice on ECPR and see how the range stacked up with others in the area. I can say that they will be my new range for "pistol caliber only" days. Good facility, great staff. I spoke with 5 different staff members and all of them seemed like they'd be fun to have a beer with. Even when I stood on the line loading a mag during a "cold range" time, I wasn't yelled at, although I deserved it, just a gentle rebuke and a reminder of the rules. No harm, no foul.
    If you are in the Indy area on the weekend and you want to shoot, I recommend the ECPR. Just save a lane for me.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm gonna have to give them a shot. Pop Guns has been my go-to when friends in gun-friendly areas aren't available, but I always felt like I was shooting inside a closet.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Normally I find myself looking for a range that I can fire both rifles and pistols on. As it turned out, this past Saturday I was only looking for a bit of range time on my pistol. I decided to roll the dice on ECPR and see how the range stacked up with others in the area. I can say that they will be my new range for "pistol caliber only" days. Good facility, great staff. I spoke with 5 different staff members and all of them seemed like they'd be fun to have a beer with. Even when I stood on the line loading a mag during a "cold range" time, I wasn't yelled at, although I deserved it, just a gentle rebuke and a reminder of the rules. No harm, no foul.
    If you are in the Indy area on the weekend and you want to shoot, I recommend the ECPR. Just save a lane for me.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Won't run out of lanes anytime soon with 20 available. Glad to hear you had a good time. The RSO's are pretty relaxed until guys start making the same mistake within minutes of each other :n00b: :D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm gonna have to give them a shot. Pop Guns has been my go-to when friends in gun-friendly areas aren't available, but I always felt like I was shooting inside a closet.
    I'll never go back to Pop's personally. Horrible customer service, and the 2-3 hour wait for a lane isn't worth it. ECPR has RSO's there to make sure everyone's being safe. They are very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly and there's no ridiculous wait.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville

Thank you very much!! These comments mean a lot to us - and we hope to see you back out at ECPR soon!!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've been very impressed with how well-run the new operation is. None of my fears of teething problems came true.

Props to Guy & Co.!

Thanks, Tamara! It's all a credit to the RSOs who have been there for years. TFT was lucky enough to keep James, Vern, Purk, Justin, Jim, Jeremy and Paul as regular RSOs, and we've added some really great guys in addition. (For some reason, we seem to be attracting a lot of Marines - which we love.) Without the core group that pre-dated TFT's operation of the range, the "teething problems" that you mention would have definitely been a reality!

Thanks again - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guy

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'm looking to make it out Saturday morning after the gun show and before the bowling pin shoot. I don't get many Saturdays off so I plan to take advantage of this one. It looks like the shooting floor is solid. I take it that my metal swingers that push into the ground wouldn't work there. Hopefully I can find something at the gun show that has a base on it.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Metal targets are allowed at a distance of 25yrds or greater. If it is a spinner target that will be fine as well. The ground is hard so if you have to pound it into the ground it maybe some work.

The firing line is solid, down range it is packed gravel/dirt.

-James.

PS....

If you bring Metal targets out.... The RSO's get to take shots at it...J/K...LOL....

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Thanks, Tamara! It's all a credit to the RSOs who have been there for years. TFT was lucky enough to keep James, Vern, Purk, Justin, Jim, Jeremy and Paul as regular RSOs, and we've added some really great guys in addition. (For some reason, we seem to be attracting a lot of Marines - which we love.) Without the core group that pre-dated TFT's operation of the range, the "teething problems" that you mention would have definitely been a reality!

Thanks again - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guy

Oo-rah.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

Guy
    Hey hey hey....what's wrong with grunts ;)

I shot competitions (long gun) for 15 years before I ever became a Marine lol....guns have been my life since I was 5....I just REALLY enjoyed shooting BIG guns with free ammo (thanks to Uncle Sam):D

and WHAT is a "teething" problem?

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I have been wanting to come check it out. I do have a question about lane rental. How does it work if you bring your wife? Do we each get charged? Also, do you need to bring your own target stand?

Thanks

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I have been wanting to come check it out. I do have a question about lane rental. How does it work if you bring your wife? Do we each get charged? Also, do you need to bring your own target stand?

Thanks
    TFT provides targets and stands. Prices are per person, not per lane. You both pay and you can choose to utilize one or two lanes if you prefer (depending on availability, but it's rarely an issue with 20 lanes.) $10 per hour, $20 for all day pass, $75 for ten visit pass (best value because they are all day visits, can be shared with friends you bring, and they do not expire), or $120 for season pass ( but they only work for one person and expire December 31st)

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Metal targets are allowed at a distance of 25yrds or greater. If it is a spinner target that will be fine as well. The ground is hard so if you have to pound it into the ground it maybe some work.

The firing line is solid, down range it is packed gravel/dirt.

-James.

PS....

If you bring Metal targets out.... The RSO's get to take shots at it...J/K...LOL....
    I was hoping to shoot at 10-15 yards. No problem with the RSO's using them. Makes for a better experience for the new shooters. I'll have to see if I can find something more suitable for the hard pack. I may end up making some "feet" or runners for them.

Top Bottom